This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have they announced how long they've been working on this?

#11duranmanXPosted 2/8/2013 4:12:45 PM
SilverSaint7 posted...
They were one of the first to get the 3DS devkit so they probably started working on XY before the 3DS even came out.

They're are other Pokemon 3DS games they could've been working on

I think they had the idea since the original Pokedex 3D
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#12SlimeStackPosted 2/8/2013 4:27:48 PM
duranmanX posted...
SilverSaint7 posted...
They were one of the first to get the 3DS devkit so they probably started working on XY before the 3DS even came out.

They didn't make any other Pokémon 3DS game. Pokémon X and Y are the only games GameFreak have been near. Rhythm Hunter: HarmoKnight is what GameFreak were probably making with that dev kit before or alongside X and Y.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#13Thefatness16Posted 2/8/2013 4:29:29 PM
Probably since, or a little before the original B/W came out. So it'll be around a 3 year dev time for X/Y.
#14duranmanXPosted 2/8/2013 4:32:47 PM
SlimeStack posted...
duranmanX posted...
SilverSaint7 posted...

They didn't make any other Pokémon 3DS game. Pokémon X and Y are the only games GameFreak have been near. Rhythm Hunter: HarmoKnight is what GameFreak were probably making with that dev kit before or alongside X and Y.

For retail they have: Pokémon Rumble Blast and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

For eShop they have: Pokédex 3D (Pro) and Pokémon Dream Radar

Since Pokemon 3D and Pokemon Rumble Blast came out in 2011, which is the same year the 3DS came out Worldwide, and around the time Pokemon BW came out, I suspect they started working on it around that time, probably with another team working on Pokemon BW2 for fanservice
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#15-Zeke-Posted 2/8/2013 4:34:08 PM
duranmanX posted...
For retail they have: Pokémon Rumble Blast and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

Spinoffs, not made by GameFreak
---
"Your opinion is different from mine, so you are obviously a troll"
3DS code: 1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)
#16SlimeStackPosted 2/8/2013 4:35:15 PM
duranmanX posted...

For eShop they have: Pokédex 3D (Pro) and Pokémon Dream Radar

Since Pokemon 3D and Pokemon Rumble Blast came out in 2011, which is the same year the 3DS came out Worldwide, and around the time Pokemon BW came out, I suspect they started working on it around that time, probably with another team working on Pokemon BW2 for fanservice

GameFreak didn't make any of those games. X and Y are the only 3DS Pokémon games that they've touched.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.