This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fire can't be burned, ice can't be frozen, poison (and steel) can't be poisoned,

#21GastroidPosted 2/8/2013 9:31:42 PM
I didn't realize steel type existed up until gen IV. Hell, I didn't know steelix existed up until gen IV. There are a few that were surprising too, like magcargo; thought those existed in gen III. Anybody else in the same boat?

Provided you played any Gen II or Gen III game, that's just beyond unobservant.
---
Lithos Mech Hektor
Horseman of the Apocalypse - Famine
#22SR71haloPosted 2/8/2013 9:37:49 PM
scrappybristol posted...
Stun Spore.
Body Slam.

Glare
---
Now Leave!
#23squdgy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 9:37:55 PM
Meta289 posted...
Because it would be way too inconvenient for them to program a check for whether the paralysis was caused by an Electric move, or if it was caused by a different move.

How would that be difficult? The game can already tell that thunder wave doesn't work on Ground types, but stun spore does.
---
http://i.imgur.com/5FB9XOJ.gif
#24SR71haloPosted 2/8/2013 9:38:29 PM
Gastroid posted...
I didn't realize steel type existed up until gen IV. Hell, I didn't know steelix existed up until gen IV. There are a few that were surprising too, like magcargo; thought those existed in gen III. Anybody else in the same boat?

Especially since there's a steel GYM in G/S/C.
---
Now Leave!
#25Meta289Posted 2/8/2013 9:43:35 PM
squdgy posted...
Meta289 posted...
Because it would be way too inconvenient for them to program a check for whether the paralysis was caused by an Electric move, or if it was caused by a different move.

How would that be difficult? The game can already tell that thunder wave doesn't work on Ground types, but stun spore does.

Thunder Wave doesn't affect Ground types because the game recognizes that Thunder Wave is an Electric move, and that Stun Spore works because it is a Grass move. The type of the move has priority over the effect of said move. It's not that the game determines that Ground types can't be paralyzed by Electric moves, it's that Ground types can't be affected by Electric moves, period.

And again, it's not that it would be difficult, it's that it would be unnecessary.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
The Pokemon Cycle. Don't deny its existence.
#26Skull_proPosted 2/8/2013 9:47:11 PM
Metalgenesis posted...
Brandon042487 posted...
I figure I blame Nintendo logic just to generalize it.

But I do feel that some electric Pokemon should be immune to special electric attacks

Like I remember hearing that Raichu would use his tail as a grounding prong to help bleed excess electrical build up.

But again that's too logical for Pokemon.

Volt Absorb and Motor drive say hi.

What about Lightningrod?
---
Married to Clay, Driftveil city's gym leader
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#27MagikarpRulesPosted 2/8/2013 9:48:11 PM
A similar feature is Electric and specially Ground Pokemon being paralyzed by making contact with a Pokemon who has Static. Doesn't make sense, and I think they don't care, or they would have changed it by now.
#28Ri_IrPosted 2/9/2013 6:49:20 AM
SR71halo posted...
Gastroid posted...

Especially since there's a steel GYM in G/S/C.

I was 8 at the time you can't really hold too much against me D:
My typhlosion only knew 4 fire moves and that was it.