This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate on new evolutions?

#1LightningAce11Posted 2/8/2013 10:06:33 PM
Is improvement such a fatal flaw? Roselia would have been a crappy grass type, but then it becomes roserade and very good. Electabuzz and magmar: taking two under shadowed pokemon and then boosting their attack and sp attack, giving them a wide array of moves and giving them good stats.

Gligar and aipom. Those two wouldn't even be remembered if it wasn't for their evolutions. Thank god for gliscor and ambipom. DW abilities would not have fixed them.

Maybe rhyperior was a bit overboard, but still is very good. Lickylicky wasn't that bad, come on. Lickitung needed an evolution.

Seriously, people think they are ugly and so they are bad. I could call fennekin ugly and ergo he is bad. Same with scizor, gastrodon and a whole bunch of ou's.
---
Omg leik cod is the best game evar yu shud all play it as it is the only gam wurth playin!!
#2Meta289Posted 2/8/2013 10:07:38 PM
It's not the fact that the Pokemon got evolutions. It's the fact that said evolutions just look bad.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
The Pokemon Cycle. Don't deny its existence.
#3CharizardFirePosted 2/8/2013 10:08:51 PM
It's not the fact that the Pokemon got evolutions. It's the fact that said evolutions just look bad.

The only one that truly looks bad in a case where the previous form doesn't is Dusknoir. The others all either look great or evolve from Pokémon that were ugly in the first place.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#4SR71haloPosted 2/8/2013 10:08:58 PM
If I'm going to use a Pokemon, I want Pokemon with designs I like. I want them to be good too, but their design is still important to me.
---
Now Leave!
#5LightningAce11(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 10:09:58 PM
But that's not a reason. With that reasoning, you could go hating on people with eczema, skin disease, burns or people like Stephen hawking.
---
Omg leik cod is the best game evar yu shud all play it as it is the only gam wurth playin!!
#6LightningHawk90Posted 2/8/2013 10:11:35 PM
No, it's your opinion that they look bad. Not a fact. I love getting new evolutions.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#7javel34Posted 2/8/2013 10:15:25 PM
CharizardFire posted...

The only one that truly looks bad in a case where the previous form doesn't is Dusknoir. The others all either look great or evolve from Pokémon that were ugly in the first place.

I think Ryperior looks the worst.
#8FierceDeity1026Posted 2/8/2013 10:16:05 PM
Magmortar is atrocious. He looks like an obese clown.
#9MagikarpRulesPosted 2/8/2013 10:16:37 PM
I don't understand what's with some people. Some people will hate or dismiss some Pokemon, regardless of design, if they aren't the better options for competitive battles; but at the same time, if the Pokemon is somewhat useful but happens to be perceived as ugly, they hate it too. So for some people, the new evo has to be both cool (as they perceive coolness) and viable in comptitive battle; if it doesn't fit both criteria, then it's hate or mocking time.
#10LightningHawk90Posted 2/8/2013 10:17:43 PM
Or do we just not have comprehension that different people like different things?
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.