This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

if the pokedex eventually hits the 1000 mark...

#1roo10158Posted 2/9/2013 3:09:00 AM
should they keep going?

TBH, I would be fine with them taking a break from new ones once they cross the 1000 mark. Nothing against the newer pokemon, I just think that 1000 would be a great point to take a break with new ones for a bit (then turn their focus to other aspects of the games). But, if they continue past it, I'd support it.
---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
#2DemonocchioPosted 2/9/2013 3:10:48 AM
There's well over a thousand Digimon, so I don't see why not.
#3King-gamerPosted 2/9/2013 3:10:55 AM
That's when Pokemon gets programmed like Spore and we will have thousands of user created Fakemon, which will now be official Pokemon, that will be uploaded everyday.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#4Serebii from SPPPosted 2/9/2013 3:11:27 AM
Not adding new Pokémon would cause the franchise to stagnate

It is no coincidence that the best selling games are the ones that add new Pokémon. To create new games without adding new species would be suicide for GameFreak
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#5kenneth_velezPosted 2/9/2013 3:14:58 AM
Demonocchio posted...

yeah, but some of those designs are pretty lazy, I don't think I want Dark Pickachu, Skull Pikachu, War-Pikachu, Metal-Pikachu, Toy Pikachu to round out the rest. . . . though the addition of fusing (DNA Digi-volving from A02) pokemon would be pretty cool.
#6ElectricNovaPosted 2/9/2013 3:15:53 AM
I think they should keep going and adding Pokemon until the series dies, which it won't.

So basically they should keep adding them for ETERNITY
---
Official Rayquaza of the Pokemon X and Y boards
I like a lot of things. Like Pokemon. And Sonic. And Kirby. And Smash bros. And Coca cola.
#7KentousaiPosted 2/9/2013 3:39:30 AM
kenneth_velez posted...
Demonocchio posted...

yeah, but some of those designs are pretty lazy, I don't think I want Dark Pickachu, Skull Pikachu, War-Pikachu, Metal-Pikachu, Toy Pikachu to round out the rest. . . . though the addition of fusing (DNA Digi-volving from A02) pokemon would be pretty cool.

I admit that most of Agumon's variations are just recolors but the different Greymons tend to be fairly different design wise (other then either being based on a Dinosaur or Lizard (dragon) man, with some exceptions of course.

Not to mention we essentially already have a ton of Pikachu based Pokemon. PIchu, Raichu, Pachirisu, Plusle, Minun, Emolga, and I've even heard some people argue Minccino and Cinccino. That isn't to say that I dislike these Pokemon, just that I feel that they were inspired by Pikachu.
#8IrisVilePosted 2/9/2013 3:48:36 AM
To, the MOON!
---
One Girl + One Eevee = A Solo Run To RuleThem All http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960099-pokemon-heartgold-version/60725080
#9noname2lazyPosted 2/9/2013 4:06:28 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10KitschgardenerPosted 2/9/2013 4:15:49 AM
Not adding new Pokémon would cause the franchise to stagnate

It is no coincidence that the best selling games are the ones that add new Pokémon. To create new games without adding new species would be suicide for GameFreak

Basically this: for the rest of the series to have the sales of B2W2 would be disastrous for the franchise.

Also, GF are excellent at mixing up the same ideas: Latias and Latios are both jet-dragons; so's Garchomp but with a bit of shark in there as well. They can't *run out* of animals because there've been Pokémon based on different aspects of the same animal, based on plants, based on fungi, based on legendary creatures, based on inanimate objects, based on people, who knows else, plus combinations and composites of the aforementioned.