This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Charizard was a Gen V pokemon, everyone would hate him.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. If Charizard was a Gen V pokemon, everyone would hate him.

User Info: Ducky_Momo

Ducky_Momo
3 years ago#1
Just admit it. Charizard is a fat, plain looking dragon who wasn't even good enough to get the type. The only reason you breeders like him is blind nostalgia and fanboyism. And if he was released in B/W, he would be down there with Trubbish and the rest.

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#2
no cuz chairzar is teh best pokeman everr!!!!
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i don't even gaf anymore

User Info: Immortal_Chaos7

Immortal_Chaos7
3 years ago#3
What exactly is wrong with liking a character that, for some, was a staple of their childhood? I think if charizard was a gen 5 pokemon, he probably would've been given better stats as well. I think this argument is pretty pointless.
Pokemon Diamond-Name:Jack / FC:0043-9308-0032

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
3 years ago#4
If he came out later he would have been Fire/Dragon and everyone would love him even more.
FE:A-MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion

User Info: ElectricNova

ElectricNova
3 years ago#5
I never got why people thought he looked that cool, to be honest.

Especially considerign that the same game had a turtle with a FRICKIN HUGE CANNON ON IT'S SHELL THAT CAN SHOOT AND RIP THROUGH STEEL

But hey, different strokes for different folks, I certainly won't be one to insult Charizard fans so no offense intended, peace out.
Official Rayquaza of the Pokemon X and Y boards
I like a lot of things. Like Pokemon. And Sonic. And Kirby. And Smash bros. And Coca cola.

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#6
Immortal_Chaos7 posted...
I think if charizard was a gen 5 pokemon, IT probably would've been given better stats

And a better design.

Like TC said, Charizard is pretty bland design-wise, but so are pretty much all of the gen 1 Pokemon.
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i don't even gaf anymore

User Info: pafbonk

pafbonk
3 years ago#7
Immortal_Chaos7 posted...
What exactly is wrong with liking a character that, for some, was a staple of their childhood? I think if charizard was a gen 5 pokemon, he probably would've been given better stats as well. I think this argument is pretty pointless.

This.

Please stop complaining if we like a character because of nostalgia. It's not like we're hating on the new pokes, heck, I freaking LOVE the new starters, plus other pokes gen 4 and gen 5 pokemons.

Did you know you can LIKE Charizard and Infernape at the same time? Proposterous right?

Still hate Rhyperior though. And Lickilicky.
Official Pikachu of the Pokemon X board.
"1+1=2" -NickLOLZ

User Info: Maurith

Maurith
3 years ago#8
On the contrary, I strongly believe that if Charizard was released in Gen 5 then he'd still become a fan favourite. He won't have nostalgia attached to him (yet), but all the same, he'd be popular.
Official Floatzel of the Pokemon XY boards
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/kouta-k6/favouritepokemon_zps877a78e5.png

User Info: MagikarpRules

MagikarpRules
3 years ago#9
Why is it that people just can't accept that other folks may like a Pokemon they don't like or even hate?

User Info: Ultimate_Nova_X

Ultimate_Nova_X
3 years ago#10
SazukeEX posted...
If he came out later he would have been Fire/Dragon and everyone would love him even more.
-User Name Origin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO_5esMq2kE#t=56s
"Japanese Wii U. American Wii U. The future is yours, Xenoblade U."
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. If Charizard was a Gen V pokemon, everyone would hate him.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived