This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Charizard was a Gen V pokemon, everyone would hate him.

#1Ducky_MomoPosted 2/9/2013 10:07:22 AM
Just admit it. Charizard is a fat, plain looking dragon who wasn't even good enough to get the type. The only reason you breeders like him is blind nostalgia and fanboyism. And if he was released in B/W, he would be down there with Trubbish and the rest.
#2FuneralCakePosted 2/9/2013 10:08:55 AM
no cuz chairzar is teh best pokeman everr!!!!
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i don't even gaf anymore
#3Immortal_Chaos7Posted 2/9/2013 10:11:10 AM
What exactly is wrong with liking a character that, for some, was a staple of their childhood? I think if charizard was a gen 5 pokemon, he probably would've been given better stats as well. I think this argument is pretty pointless.
---
Pokemon Diamond-Name:Jack / FC:0043-9308-0032
#4SazukeEXPosted 2/9/2013 10:12:54 AM
If he came out later he would have been Fire/Dragon and everyone would love him even more.
---
FE:A-MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion
#5ElectricNovaPosted 2/9/2013 10:13:13 AM
I never got why people thought he looked that cool, to be honest.

Especially considerign that the same game had a turtle with a FRICKIN HUGE CANNON ON IT'S SHELL THAT CAN SHOOT AND RIP THROUGH STEEL

But hey, different strokes for different folks, I certainly won't be one to insult Charizard fans so no offense intended, peace out.
---
Official Rayquaza of the Pokemon X and Y boards
I like a lot of things. Like Pokemon. And Sonic. And Kirby. And Smash bros. And Coca cola.
#6FuneralCakePosted 2/9/2013 10:15:49 AM
Immortal_Chaos7 posted...
I think if charizard was a gen 5 pokemon, IT probably would've been given better stats

And a better design.

Like TC said, Charizard is pretty bland design-wise, but so are pretty much all of the gen 1 Pokemon.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i don't even gaf anymore
#7pafbonkPosted 2/9/2013 10:15:51 AM
Immortal_Chaos7 posted...
What exactly is wrong with liking a character that, for some, was a staple of their childhood? I think if charizard was a gen 5 pokemon, he probably would've been given better stats as well. I think this argument is pretty pointless.

This.

Please stop complaining if we like a character because of nostalgia. It's not like we're hating on the new pokes, heck, I freaking LOVE the new starters, plus other pokes gen 4 and gen 5 pokemons.

Did you know you can LIKE Charizard and Infernape at the same time? Proposterous right?

Still hate Rhyperior though. And Lickilicky.
---
Official Pikachu of the Pokemon X board.
"1+1=2" -NickLOLZ
#8MaurithPosted 2/9/2013 10:21:16 AM
On the contrary, I strongly believe that if Charizard was released in Gen 5 then he'd still become a fan favourite. He won't have nostalgia attached to him (yet), but all the same, he'd be popular.
---
Official Floatzel of the Pokemon XY boards
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/kouta-k6/favouritepokemon_zps877a78e5.png
#9MagikarpRulesPosted 2/9/2013 10:25:38 AM
Why is it that people just can't accept that other folks may like a Pokemon they don't like or even hate?
#10Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 2/9/2013 10:26:12 AM
SazukeEX posted...
If he came out later he would have been Fire/Dragon and everyone would love him even more.

---
-User Name Origin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO_5esMq2kE#t=56s
"Japanese Wii U. American Wii U. The future is yours, Xenoblade U."