This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Charizard was a Gen V pokemon, everyone would hate him.

#11scrappybristolPosted 2/9/2013 11:27:50 AM
Wrong.

People would love him even more due to his refreshing dual type.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#12TyranidomegaPosted 2/9/2013 11:28:11 AM
What would happen if Hydreigon was a Gen 1 Pokemon?
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#13ThatKippPosted 2/9/2013 11:28:12 AM
If he came out later he would have been Fire/Fighting and everyone would hate him even more.

ftfy
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X boards
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#14KitschgardenerPosted 2/9/2013 11:28:41 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15Komachi_TachiPosted 2/9/2013 11:29:04 AM
Charizard fanboys aren't nearly as annoying as Red fanboys. Some people say yaoi fangirls dream things up, well these people take it to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL.
---
Gumshoe is my husbando. Hands OFF.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lskcvm4wIc1r45u0jo1_500.jpg
#16dwdwdw6Posted 2/9/2013 11:31:29 AM
Charizard looks pretty awesome, so no.
#17CM_PLUNGEPosted 2/9/2013 11:31:44 AM
Hey guys showing how blind you are like the TS said, he means the guys that hate on new pokemon because they are new and talk crap about their designs, he is saying if example Fennekin was gen 1, it would be awesome and epic and Charizard was Gen 6, oh it sucks wtf a salamander? really Gamefreak? thats the point, none is telling you can't like a pokemon
#18scrappybristolPosted 2/9/2013 11:34:19 AM
CM_PLUNGE posted...
Hey guys showing how blind you are like the TS said, he means the guys that hate on new pokemon because they are new and talk crap about their designs, he is saying if example Fennekin was gen 1, it would be awesome and epic and Charizard was Gen 6, oh it sucks wtf a salamander? really Gamefreak? thats the point, none is telling you can't like a pokemon

If that's the case then TC pretty much called everyone a Genwunner which was stupid of him.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#19vchu8Posted 2/9/2013 11:37:37 AM(edited)
Sorry but, this doesn't make any sense.

"Wasn't good enough to get the type."

The type barely existed back then. It, quite literally, feels like it was added in as an after thought. That's why, for example, the majority of Lance's Pokemon are Flying types, not Dragons, and why Gen 1 had exactly ONE dragon type move- and it couldn't even do super effective damage due to its effect. You should at least understand the environment in those games before you lob any criticisms like this.

As for its design, that is a pretty darn subjective thing. He may be somewhat bland, but the design IS pretty iconic, and I'm in the camp that likes simpler designs that aren't way over done. Additionally, assuming people wouldn't like him now is just plain silly. Draconic Pokemon are always popular with fans, and the design is still appealing. I personally would still like him just because I'm into that stuff- I'm a fan of dragons, dinosaurs, and generally any bipedal reptile.

Sure, I wouldn't like him as much as I do now, but that's only because the Charmander line is the very reason I started playing Pokemon in the first place. I would still like him, he just wouldn't be my favorite.

EDIT:

CM_PLUNGE posted...

Last I checked people generally love Fennekin. I dislike the design for my own reasons, but I can't deny that it is easily the most popular Gen 6 Pokemon so far, and one of the most popular starters yet.
#20R0cks0l1ddPosted 2/9/2013 11:37:28 AM
scrappybristol posted...
Wrong.

People would love him even more due to his refreshing dual type.

Not really because if it was introduced in Gen V like TC said, it;s probable Fire/Dragon typing would have been overshadowed by Reshiram.
---
Official Everything of every board.