This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Charizard was a Gen V pokemon, everyone would hate him.

#21Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 2/9/2013 10:38:14 AM
R0cks0l1dd posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Wrong.

People would love him even more due to his refreshing dual type.

Not really because if it was introduced in Gen V like TC said, it;s probable Fire/Dragon typing would have been overshadowed by Reshiram.

Well, it's already overshadowed by Fire and Ho Ou anyway...
---
-User Name Origin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO_5esMq2kE#t=56s
"Japanese Wii U. American Wii U. The future is yours, Xenoblade U."
#22vchu8Posted 2/9/2013 10:39:31 AM
Ultimate_Nova_X posted...
R0cks0l1dd posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Wrong.

Not really because if it was introduced in Gen V like TC said, it;s probable Fire/Dragon typing would have been overshadowed by Reshiram.

At least Lizardon is an infinitely cooler name.
#23Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 2/9/2013 10:41:22 AM
vchu8 posted...
Ultimate_Nova_X posted...
R0cks0l1dd posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Wrong.

At least Lizardon is an infinitely cooler name.

Subjective, although in this case I agree.
---
-User Name Origin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO_5esMq2kE#t=56s
"Japanese Wii U. American Wii U. The future is yours, Xenoblade U."
#24iKhanicPosted 2/9/2013 10:45:23 AM
People like Charizard because he is one of the few pokemon based exclusively on dragons. And we only have a handful of those: Charizard, Gyarados, Dragonite, Salamence, Rayquaza.

Notice something? All of those pokemon except for the one that looks like a plushie are extremely popular. If Gen 6 were to introduce another fire-breathing dragon (Reshiram is has a turbine for a tail, is partially based on Ahura Mazda, and has some fox-like traits as well, thats not exclusive), you can bet that it would be popular.

Now that said, if released in Gen 5, Charizard would lose his nostalgic and Anime appeals.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#25SR71haloPosted 2/9/2013 10:47:24 AM
Not really because if it was introduced in Gen V like TC said

No, not all Gen V Pokemon are automatically hated on by anyone but Genwunners. The only thing that gets hated on are the starters, and Charizard would be more popular than the Tepig line at least.
---
Now Leave!
#26Komachi_TachiPosted 2/9/2013 10:52:25 AM

No, not all Gen V Pokemon are automatically hated on by anyone but Genwunners. The only thing that gets hated on are the starters, and Charizard would be more popular than the Tepig line at least.

Well, the tepig line wasn't that hated, before it's type was revealed.
---
Gumshoe is my husbando. Hands OFF.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lskcvm4wIc1r45u0jo1_500.jpg
#27R0cks0l1ddPosted 2/9/2013 10:56:29 AM(edited)
SR71halo posted...

That wasn't my point though. I was responding to people saying that Charizard would more be loved than it is now because it would have a unique typing, which wouldn't be the case. I'm not agreeing that Charizard would be hated, but I do think he would significantly less popular if it was introduced in Gen V or was never heavily used in the Kanto, OI and Johto anime.
---
Official Everything of every board.