This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So why don't they drop ASH from the anime?

#11Wario_manPosted 2/9/2013 10:39:23 PM
I'd rather the next cartoon follow the comic. Things were less tame and everything just seemed kinda cool. For Pokemon, anyway.
Or just have Gary be the star.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#12DesulatedPosted 2/9/2013 10:40:31 PM
Because the creators would die.
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
League of Legends username: Lati0s
#13GallantChaddymnPosted 2/9/2013 10:44:02 PM
Because Ash=Pikachu
Pikachu = sqealing kids
Squealing Kids= more money
No pikachu =they'd have to change all the logos on all the lunch boxes.
---
Fennekin >>> Every other Gen 6 starter
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/d5r70a1
#14LexifoxPosted 2/9/2013 10:46:57 PM
Ash isn't dropped because he's the protagonist. This is like asking why they don't drop Pikachu has a mascot.

Wario_man posted...
I'd rather the next cartoon follow the comic. Things were less tame and everything just seemed kinda cool. For Pokemon, anyway.

The manga you're thinking of is meant for an older group of fans. The anime is meant for younger fans. There's no need to alienate one group for the other.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#15Fritz0x8Posted 2/9/2013 10:48:04 PM
The day they drop ash is the day my childhood dies, and I aim to keep being a man child till the day I die.
---
~~Pro Gamer~~Web Comic Artist~~Singer~~Model~~Famous~
http://sheapered.blogspot.com/
#16Wario_manPosted 2/10/2013 12:24:44 AM
Lexifox posted...
Ash isn't dropped because he's the protagonist. This is like asking why they don't drop Pikachu has a mascot.

Wario_man posted...

The manga you're thinking of is meant for an older group of fans. The anime is meant for younger fans. There's no need to alienate one group for the other.

But they are already >_>
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#17LightningAce11Posted 2/10/2013 12:25:59 AM
All the kids love him
---
Omg leik cod is the best game evar yu shud all play it as it is the only gam wurth playin!!
#18ashcrv(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 1:57:06 AM(edited)
Fritz0x8 posted...
The day they drop ash is the day my childhood dies, and I aim to keep being a man child till the day I die.

Now I REALLY want it to happen.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#19Brandon042487Posted 2/10/2013 2:03:19 AM
Because of money
---
B**** don't make me HM01 you!
ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS HYPNOTOAD!
#20DaRk MaGe2004Posted 2/10/2013 2:07:07 AM
ashcrv posted...
faruway posted...
If they drop Ash out, then it's not the Pokemon anime we came to love about. He's the main character of the entire series and the entire anime franchise focus on his adventures till the end (which we don't know when?)

So it wouldn't be the same but it would be better. And why not a different main character and a different anime? People are getting tired of the current anime and want something new. Why not?

And by "people are getting tired of the current anime" you mean those of us who watched the anime as kids and are now in our 20's are getting tired of Ash.....then yes. But you know they aren't gearing the anime toward us as a demographic right? They're gearing it toward kids who are the age we were when we started watching it. So that feeling of it getting old and repetitive you have....yeah...that's natural. It's called out growing something.
---
To die without leaving a trace, that is the legacy of the Garo