This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So why don't they drop ASH from the anime?

#21EJWPosted 2/10/2013 2:09:57 AM
This is why:

http://pokebeach.com/2008/07/second-pokemon-interview-with-masamitsu-hidaka-many-interesting-points

It ain't going to happen.
---
"Google is your friend"
Google led me here now answer the damn question.
#22DarkKirby2500Posted 2/10/2013 2:12:10 AM
I remember reading that the person who made the anime loves Ash. Don't know if he still works on the anime though.

Ash is a traditional shonen jump type "hero", an idiot that wins against people who are much harder working and much smarter then him because he "believes" in his "bonds".

Typical Pokemon animes scene. Superior opponent's Pokemon attacks Ash's Pokemon repeatedly while Ash's Pokemon can't land a hit. Ash's Pokemon falls down. Ash shouts he "believes" in his Pokemon, his Pokemon gets up, powers up, and wins battle with a single frontal attack.

ZZZzzzz.

I'm sure many people who have watched Ash's exploits for years are sick of his crap, I would like to know if kids, which is what the anime is targeted at, feel the same way and can see how full of crap Ash is, or are they blinded by the pretty colors and flashing lights and couldn't care less about what a terrible character Ash is, or if they relate to him because he is the epitome of a successful stupid person who is successful just because he is a "good guy".
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#23PikachuanPosted 2/10/2013 2:16:26 AM
Because he wants to be the very best, like no one ever was.
---
What in the WORLD happened to Nu Metal?
#24LexifoxPosted 2/10/2013 3:23:26 AM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
I remember reading that the person who made the anime loves Ash. Don't know if he still works on the anime though.

Ash is a traditional shonen jump type "hero", an idiot that wins against people who are much harder working and much smarter then him because he "believes" in his "bonds".

Typical Pokemon animes scene. Superior opponent's Pokemon attacks Ash's Pokemon repeatedly while Ash's Pokemon can't land a hit. Ash's Pokemon falls down. Ash shouts he "believes" in his Pokemon, his Pokemon gets up, powers up, and wins battle with a single frontal attack.

ZZZzzzz.

I'm sure many people who have watched Ash's exploits for years are sick of his crap, I would like to know if kids, which is what the anime is targeted at, feel the same way and can see how full of crap Ash is, or are they blinded by the pretty colors and flashing lights and couldn't care less about what a terrible character Ash is, or if they relate to him because he is the epitome of a successful stupid person who is successful just because he is a "good guy".

People who are sick of what's been going on for years are sick of it because they've been watching it for years. For younger fans (I know several, mostly younger cousins, who enjoy the show because it's all new and exciting for them.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#25Wehttam1991Posted 2/10/2013 4:49:50 AM
The reason is because it will never end. They keep Ash/pikachu as the face of pokemon and every new generation introduce new companions because the target audience stays the same (kids like 8-14) but with each new generation new kids come to love it while the older ones outgrow it..

Understand..?
---
3DSFC: 1204-0516-1278
Fire Emblem: Awakening! Get in my face and 3DSXL
#26King-gamerPosted 2/10/2013 4:51:35 AM
NotChris_Hansen posted...
But they'll replace him with someone equally crap.

If they replace him with Cynthia, would that make Cynthia equally crappy as Ash?

:O
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#27PoltergustPosted 2/10/2013 5:41:45 AM
I just want him to win a championship already. I mean, has he even made it to at least the top 4 before?
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai
#28EJWPosted 2/10/2013 5:47:59 AM
Poltergust posted...
I just want him to win a championship already. I mean, has he even made it to at least the top 4 before?

Sinnoh.
---
"Google is your friend"
Google led me here now answer the damn question.
#29HelbanPosted 2/10/2013 6:12:32 AM
Pikachuan posted...
Because he wants to be the very best, like no one ever was.

At the rate he's going, NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!
#30LexifoxPosted 2/10/2013 6:34:28 AM
King-gamer posted...
NotChris_Hansen posted...
But they'll replace him with someone equally crap.

If they replace him with Cynthia, would that make Cynthia equally crappy as Ash?

:O

It would have to be.

The issue is that Cynthia is built up as being very powerful. If she's introduced into the series, she'll basically be invincible because she'd steamroll Gym Leaders, casual trainers, and Elite Four members alike. If she lost, it'd have to be harder to sell because we know how strong she is. The result is that she'd either have to constantly meet trainers who just happen to be stronger than the uber-trainer we've all grown to know and love, or she suffers uncharacteristic losses.

Alternatively, she could just start with a fresh new team to explain why she's not as strong as she normally would be - she has untrained Pokemon that she's working into a powerful team. This would explain why she loses without having to resort to deus ex machina characters.

This, naturally, would basically put her in the same state as Ash, a trainer whose team is perpetually new, save for Pikachu (who happens to regularly find ways to lose his strength).
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod