This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Don't get your hopes up for Anti-Hacking

#31sonicqaz2Posted 2/12/2013 10:13:46 PM
The hackers will win, but they're still scum.
---
XBOX GT: Lucky Duck 55
#32AurawhispererPosted 2/12/2013 10:22:38 PM
@ omega

Oh are the courts going to enjoy that... I think the ban will be impossible
---
Official Troll joker and Serious Chatter box.
Black 2: Zack: 4170 3222 6265 White 2: Zakary: 0820 1802 3233. Chat off while trading
#33SaintparaPosted 2/12/2013 10:46:09 PM
Aurawhisperer posted...
@ omega

Oh are the courts going to enjoy that... I think the ban will be impossible

Its possible to ban something like this. ENFORCING it... less possible. After all, isn't pirating movies illegal? Is that REALLY stopping anyone?
---
Official Togekiss of the BW2 Boards
Plothooker - www.plothook.net - Get Hook'd
#34RadioRebelPosted 2/12/2013 11:24:52 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...
3DS roms have been dumped already. It's encrypted still but that's supposedly almost broken. DNS exploits are way more likely to happen though as they don't require the console itself to be hacked. Will there be one right away? No. Will there be one relatively soon after release? Absolutely.

Yes, but Spike was saying even if the roms can't be cracked, those programs will still work. Which is false. I don't doubt there will be Gen VI versions of Pokégen and IR-GTS eventually, but they can't be used as substitutes for hacking because they require hacking to exist. (Well not hacking per se, but you get my point.)
---
Gen Sixers: Uno
Hoennbabbies: STRANDED IN MICHIGAN!
#35SpikeTbearPosted 2/13/2013 4:22:27 AM
RadioRebel posted...
SpikeTbear posted...
Those sites that allow you to custom make a Pokemon and then download it through their private Global Trade Station DNS channel will probably still work too.

Yet another person who thinks DNS exploits are magical programs that don't require access to the game code to be created.

Its true that I didn't know that access to the game code was needed to make a DNS exploit. But I never said it was magical. I'm not an idiot. You, however, are a jerk for implying that I was. Whether hacking has anything to do with it or not, I was just pointing out that it was another way for people to custom make their Pokemon, which a lot of people frown upon in the same way. Please don't be just another anonymous internet toughguy, and try to do more constructive things than insult random people.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#36GiftedACIIIPosted 2/13/2013 5:50:19 AM
Or maybe you could let people play however they want because it's just a game durrr stop taking a video game so seriously durrr
#37AurawhispererPosted 2/13/2013 7:03:54 AM
@ omega

Very true. But it would lesser the situation. Not to mention, require skill and some tech if desire to break such things
---
Official Troll joker and Serious Chatter box.
Black 2: Zack: 4170 3222 6265 White 2: Zakary: 0820 1802 3233. Chat off while trading
#38pmackinnonPosted 2/13/2013 8:04:34 AM
SpikeTbear posted...
RadioRebel posted...
SpikeTbear posted...
Those sites that allow you to custom make a Pokemon and then download it through their private Global Trade Station DNS channel will probably still work too.

Yet another person who thinks DNS exploits are magical programs that don't require access to the game code to be created.

Its true that I didn't know that access to the game code was needed to make a DNS exploit. But I never said it was magical. I'm not an idiot.

Oh god I'm freaking laughing my ass off
---
hee hee hee
Official Natu of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#39DarkKirby2500Posted 2/13/2013 8:19:51 AM
To stop hackers, Nintendo has to care. If they don't, which they have NEVER demonstrated that they do, hackers will be everywhere.

The good news is, the 3DS is capable of patches that can help fix exploits and deter hackers.

The bad news is Nintendo has to care, which they have NEVER demonstrated that they do.

For globs sake, it took them like 7 months to fix the exploit that was plaguing Mario Kart 3DS and was ruining the game's online, and before that they were stalwartly saying that a patch to fix the game would be unfair for the people who got a good time trial time for that course for which they justify they will never release one.

I would like to know how the Japanese Animal Crossing 3DS community is going because I can tell you the DS Animal Crossing game had a hacking and exploit epidemic to the point where trading with people could corrupt your game, and that's not even mentioning no item had value because hacked items where everywhere.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>