This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does everybody on Route 11 speak French

#1ecylisPosted 2/10/2013 2:39:26 AM
wtf
---
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 4470-8076-7033
Not changing this sig until this fad dies out. Started on 8/24/12.
#2RethalwolfPosted 2/10/2013 2:42:33 AM
To keep us americans cultured and remind us to keep in the back of our minds that there are other languages than english.
Which we butcher. On purpose. Hell, I butchered a bit up there on purpose out of laziness.

But I'd still like to take this time to remind other countries that no matter HOW good you think you are, NO one is more first-world than the US of A. You may think you're first world, but you're nowhere near as spoiled as the majority of we are.
So ha.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#3shrooboid313Posted 2/10/2013 3:03:02 AM
I'd assume that it is the Route near that French-themed town.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shrooboid313?feature=mhee
Please check out my YouTube channel.
#4LexifoxPosted 2/10/2013 3:08:16 AM
Because Unova is based on the New York area, the first time a traditional game has been based on an area that isn't Japan. With this and the larger emphasis on the Internet, Game Freak wanted to better give the impression of how global Pokemon has become, while showing that Unova is a multicultural place.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5Skyward_SneaselPosted 2/10/2013 3:19:22 AM
Well Gen VI is set in France...
---
Ash Ketchum is a Timelord; he never ages!! That or a vampire...
Official Umbreon of the Eevee Corps *Evil Laugh*
#6RX0megaPosted 2/10/2013 3:27:29 AM
Rethalwolf posted...
To keep us americans cultured and remind us to keep in the back of our minds that there are other languages than english.
Which we butcher. On purpose. Hell, I butchered a bit up there on purpose out of laziness.

But I'd still like to take this time to remind other countries that no matter HOW good you think you are, NO one is more first-world than the US of A. You may think you're first world, but you're nowhere near as spoiled as the majority of we are.
So ha.

Being spoiled doesn't mean you live in the best first world country, in fact if you are spoiled and incredibly complacent because of the culture odds are your country is not all that great. Your political system alone is beyond pathetic, and while I honestly wouldn't care about your politicians driving your country in to the ground it, unfortunately, affects every other country.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#7MilsoPosted 2/10/2013 3:58:30 AM
Skyward_Sneasel posted...

Being based on France is very different from being set in France.
---
rawr
#8Skyward_SneaselPosted 2/10/2013 4:02:55 AM
Milso posted...
Skyward_Sneasel posted...

Being based on France is very different from being set in France.

Well, my point still stands.
---
Ash Ketchum is a Timelord; he never ages!! That or a vampire...
Official Umbreon of the Eevee Corps *Evil Laugh*
#9MugilokoPosted 2/10/2013 4:03:13 AM
wtf

---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#10Traptin3daysPosted 2/10/2013 4:32:35 AM
Rethalwolf posted...

So ha.

Where is it harder to be homeless, the US or Norway? Take your pick <3
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D