This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate the Gym Leader - Day Six: Morty

#1DrainDeimosPosted 2/10/2013 9:49:56 AM
Rate the Gym Leader - Day Six: Morty - Results (89 votes)
22.47% (20 votes)
5.62% (5 votes)
16.85% (15 votes)
12.36% (11 votes)
11.24% (10 votes)
10.11% (9 votes)
4.49% (4 votes)
4.49% (4 votes)
2.25% (2 votes)
10.11% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
To pass the time until Pokemon X/Y much anticipated arrival, I want to hold a series of polls that rates every single gym leader that appears in the main series game. Everyday I will hold a poll dedicated to one of the main series gym leaders, and you have a chance to rate them on a scale of 1-10. The poll will be open for 24 hours and the gym leader will be chosen at random. You can rate the gym leaders on whatever you like: gym puzzles, gym battle, appearance, line-up, difficulty, etc.

Previous Results:
Day One - Pryce: 4.84
Day Two - Blaine: 8.15
Day Three - Gardenia: 7.09
Day Four - Tate & Liza: 6.90
Day Five - Burgh: 4.47

Day Six: Morty
Region: Johto
Town: Ecruteak City
Type Specialty: Ghost

Gold and Silver line-up:
Gastly lvl 21, Haunter lvl 21, Haunter lvl 23, Gengar lvl 25

HeartGold and SoulSilver line-up:
Gastly lvl 21, Haunter lvl 21, Haunter lvl 23, Gengar lvl 25

I am giving Morty a 5. He was a pretty cool looking gym leader, but his gym fight was kind of lame though. I mean his gym is literally full of Gastly and Haunters. Seriously, what the hell? I know Johto only added one new Ghost-type line and that Misdreavus is only available at Mt. Silver, but you couldn't give Morty a Misdreavus at least? It is so lame that you should face a gym that is filled with the same Pokemon and then turn around and fight said Pokemon again for the gym battle. Not a single Johto Pokemon was even used in this gym. Too bad also, since the Ghost-type is my favorite type.
---
Baltimore Orioles: 0-0 | Baltimore Ravens: 10-6 SUPER BOWL 47 CHAMPS!
#2ChackNorris7Posted 2/10/2013 9:52:01 AM
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Official Keldeo of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#3NumberXIPosted 2/10/2013 10:23:22 AM
How the hell did Burgh rank so low??? He's basically Brock with a Cranidos and lack of raging hormones!!! Oh well. Morty wasn't horrible but still a disgrace to ghost types. Not really his fault though at the time there was only like four ghost pokes. Interesting dude though
#4Ambi3ntT3chPosted 2/10/2013 10:27:10 AM
5 - He didn't even get much of an improvement in the remakes. (If he got any, don't remember originals that well.)
#5Jrx1Posted 2/10/2013 10:28:03 AM
10 because Ghost.
---
Official Cyrus of Pokemon Black Version 2 GameFAQs Boards
Claimed Palkia on the Pokemon Black Version 2 GameFAQs Boards
#6BitterfreePosted 2/10/2013 11:08:36 AM
10, because he's a shugenja in the games and the guardian of the legendary Pokémon in the Golden Boys manga.

You don't get much more badass than that.
#7Ubergeneral3Posted 2/10/2013 12:03:11 PM
I am giving Morty a 5. He was a pretty cool looking gym leader, but his gym fight was kind of lame though. I mean his gym is literally full of Gastly and Haunters. Seriously, what the hell? I know Johto only added one new Ghost-type line and that Misdreavus is only available at Mt. Silver, but you couldn't give Morty a Misdreavus at least? It is so lame that you should face a gym that is filled with the same Pokemon and then turn around and fight said Pokemon again for the gym battle. Not a single Johto Pokemon was even used in this gym. Too bad also, since the Ghost-type is my favorite type.

G/S stunk in general. I would have made at least one more ghost type or at the very least have it catchable in the first half.

One of the big things about G/S was the two new types, only to have them woefully hard to find.

Gamefreak should have made a few dark and steel types with the intention of putting them in the first few areas of the game, perhaps a little later for steel types.
---
If there is a 3rd version form pokemon black and white I will close my account.
#8Shadow_StarWolfPosted 2/10/2013 12:06:56 PM
Pretty terrible gym leader, you'd think the remake would be kinder to him.

Also why is Burgh, a leader who actually had counters for Tepig, ranked so little and Morty has many 10s? ****ing Genwunners.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#9Pokecheese098Posted 2/10/2013 12:09:12 PM
NumberXI posted...
How the hell did Burgh rank so low??? He's basically Brock with a Cranidos and lack of raging hormones!!! Oh well. Morty wasn't horrible but still a disgrace to ghost types. Not really his fault though at the time there was only like four ghost pokes. Interesting dude though

Pretty sure you mean Roark. Burgh was the Bug-Type Leader in Gen V
---
Official Diglett of the Pokemon B2/W2 Boards!
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let everyone wonder how you did it.
#10CakeOfLiesPosted 2/10/2013 12:27:29 PM
Morty was pretty difficult. I remember grinding and switching my Abra in and out of battles so that he could evolve into Kadabra and be SE against the Ghastly line's Poison secondary type... But that was my second file.

My first file, Morty was close to being the second hardest Gym Leader in the entire game (with 16 gyms total, that's pretty hard. He was behind Clair and Whitney).

I'll give him an 8/10.
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47