This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I miss old graphics.

#21Fritz0x8Posted 2/10/2013 1:23:38 PM
I agree with you man, it breaks my heart to know that's all over.
---
~~Pro Gamer~~Web Comic Artist~~Singer~~Model~~Famous~
http://sheapered.blogspot.com/
#22duranmanXPosted 2/10/2013 1:26:22 PM
Pikaley posted...
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
Pikaley posted...
ElectricNova posted...
I hate the term "Hoennbaby"

So because someone grew up with a different gen than gen 1( or just prefer it) they're somehow inferior as fans?

Nice and elitist.

NO Hoenn babies, like Genwunners, Johoes, (and whatever you call gen 4 and 5) are users who believe that nothing is better than those generations, with the fact that growing up with them is a contributing factor.

or you can just call them gen 2 or gen 3 fans that legitimately think those are the best games? i understand theres some ppl that troll along those lines but calling everyone with a different opinion one of those names is pushing it a bit...

That's not what I meant. First of all, Gen 2 is my favorite gen but that doesn't make me a Johoe, second of all, those terms refer specifically to the ones who immediately dismiss any gen other than their favorite, etc. They have that right to their opinion and we have that right to create a term for those who are blinded by nostalgia and are so dogmatic about it.

honestly not trying to start a flaming war or anything, but saying they have a right to their opinion but that an opinion that differs with you/others is blinded by nostalgia? using your logic u like gen 2(and therefore a johoe) because you are blinded by nostalgia because i like gen 3 and 5? once again just trying to say u contradict yourself

Alea iacta est
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#23WallydraiglePosted 2/10/2013 1:26:47 PM
Pikaley posted...
Pikaley posted...
ElectricNova posted...

So because someone grew up with a different gen than gen 1( or just prefer it) they're somehow inferior as fans?

Nice and elitist.

NO Hoenn babies, like Genwunners, Johoes, (and whatever you call gen 4 and 5) are users who believe that nothing is better than those generations, with the fact that growing up with them is a contributing factor.

or you can just call them gen 2 or gen 3 fans that legitimately think those are the best games? i understand theres some ppl that troll along those lines but calling everyone with a different opinion one of those names is pushing it a bit...

That's not what I meant. First of all, Gen 2 is my favorite gen but that doesn't make me a Johoe, second of all, those terms refer specifically to the ones who immediately dismiss any gen other than their favorite, etc. They have that right to their opinion and we have that right to create a term for those who are blinded by nostalgia and are so dogmatic about it.

honestly not trying to start a flaming war or anything, but saying they have a right to their opinion but that an opinion that differs with you/others is blinded by nostalgia? using your logic u like gen 2(and therefore a johoe) because you are blinded by nostalgia because i like gen 3 and 5? once again just trying to say u contradict yourself

Just because their opinion is wrong doesn't negate their right to have it.
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
#24kenneth_velezPosted 2/10/2013 1:41:00 PM
While the "old graphics" for the overword (or whatever you want to call it) are nostalgic, they also feel a bit like generic rpg art that one might find on an SNES title. Which is great fun and 10 years down the road will still look great.

That being said, I prefer the contemporary look and feel. Details popping more and the overworld sprites being far more distinguishable. This new games coming soon looks great (from the screen shots).
#25Mujika1991Posted 2/10/2013 2:26:10 PM
Flat Vs Realistic..will go for realistic..
#26AuroraSonicBeamPosted 2/10/2013 4:47:40 PM
Pikaley posted...
Pikaley posted...
ElectricNova posted...

Nice and elitist.

What? First of all I said my favorite gen is gen 2 but that doesn't make me a Johhoe. THAT'S what I said. A Johhoe is someone who thinks Gen 2 is God and no gen present or future, will be able to top it. Second of all, there is a difference between having a favorite gen, and DISMISSING every other gen in favor of your own. There's a difference between showing love for the gen you grew up with and having blinded nostalgia for it. Not everyone who loves an older gen is blinded by nostalgia. not to be insulting, but it seemed like you were more focused on trying to prove your point instead of actually reading my post,
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#27Holy_OblivionPosted 2/10/2013 4:49:21 PM
ElectricNova posted...

Nice and elitist.

*old southern bigot voice*: We don' like dere kind round hereuh!
---
THIS HORN OF MINE IS BURNING RED! ITS LOUD ROAR TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU! TAKE THIS! MY AMMO, MY STAKE AND ALL OF MY CLAYMORE! ERUPTING TRUMP CARD!
#28Meta289Posted 2/10/2013 4:51:26 PM
>Misses old graphics
>Uses Gen 3 as an example for old graphics, not Gen 1, which are the oldest graphics
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.