This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chespin...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Chespin...

User Info: Duskull24

Duskull24
3 years ago#1
...is related to Spinda. It's gonna be Grass/Normal type. Watch it happen.
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10

User Info: Meta289

Meta289
3 years ago#2
Compelling evidence, chap.
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.

User Info: mustardpi314

mustardpi314
3 years ago#3
if anything, it's gonna be water-grass for being related to Oshawott
Heh heh... the wind... it is... blowing...
Official Ninetales of the Pokemon X and Y boards

User Info: MetaFalconPunch

MetaFalconPunch
3 years ago#4
I hadream that it was Grass/Poison.

Makes sense when you think about it.
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. Kraid: (steps on you)

User Info: reaverz

reaverz
3 years ago#5
MetaFalconPunch posted...

Hedgehog with poison quills? Yeah, I guess it does. I'd rather it have an underused type combo though, like Grass/Ground, Grass/Fighting, or Grass/Steel.
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]

User Info: MetaFalconPunch

MetaFalconPunch
3 years ago#6
reaverz posted...
MetaFalconPunch posted...

Hedgehog with poison quills? Yeah, I guess it does. I'd rather it have an underused type combo though, like Grass/Ground, Grass/Fighting, or Grass/Steel.

Same here.

I'm just saying that it does make sense...

I just hope it doesn't happen (though I'd prefer it over Fire/Fighting Fennekin)
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. Kraid: (steps on you)

User Info: Maurith

Maurith
3 years ago#7
Pure Grass.
Official Floatzel of the Pokemon XY boards
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/kouta-k6/favouritepokemon_zps877a78e5.png

User Info: Rose_Mage

Rose_Mage
3 years ago#8
You mean Grass/Ground.
R ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress, Official Beth of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board, Official DEOXYS fan of the Pokemon board
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l

User Info: reaverz

reaverz
3 years ago#9
You know, the more I think about it, the more I hope Chespin does evolve into a Grass/Ground type because it could be speedy to differentiate itself from Torterra. The only problem is that Fennekin would now have to evolve into Fire/Flying to avoid Chespin's new Ground typing, almost completely ensuring it would be terrible. Otherwise, there could be a reverse triangle with each starter hitting the other SE with one STAB.

With Grass/Ground, Froakie would have to end up Water/Ice or Water/Flying, which admittedly aren't usually good types. If Water/Ice, Fennekin would have to end up as Fire/Rock, Fire/Electric, or... Fire/Fighing... Water/Flying would force Fennekin to evolve into Fire/Rock or Fire/Electric, again. I think Fire/Electric is more favorable between the two. I avoided the Bug type in all these scenarios for obvious reasons.

I wonder, however, if people would actually be content with Grass/Ground, Fire/Electric, and either a Water/Ice or Water/Flying, for the starters?
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]

User Info: ThatKipp

ThatKipp
3 years ago#10
You know, the more I think about it, the more I hope Chespin does evolve into a Grass/Ground type because it could be speedy to differentiate itself from Torterra. The only problem is that Fennekin would now have to evolve into Fire/Flying to avoid Chespin's new Ground typing, almost completely ensuring it would be terrible. Otherwise, there could be a reverse triangle with each starter hitting the other SE with one STAB.

With Grass/Ground, Froakie would have to end up Water/Ice or Water/Flying, which admittedly aren't usually good types. If Water/Ice, Fennekin would have to end up as Fire/Rock, Fire/Electric, or... Fire/Fighing... Water/Flying would force Fennekin to evolve into Fire/Rock or Fire/Electric, again. I think Fire/Electric is more favorable between the two. I avoided the Bug type in all these scenarios for obvious reasons.

What's interesting to note is that if Froakie became Water/Flying in this scenario, each starter would hit the starter they used to be weak against for x4 with the second STAB. I wonder, however, if people would actually be content with Grass/Ground, Fire/Electric, and Water/Flying starters?

You got Froakie wrong, Ice hits Grass/Ground for x4 damage, Flying only hits it for x2.
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X boards
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Chespin...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived