This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chespin...

#1Duskull24Posted 2/10/2013 6:04:22 PM
...is related to Spinda. It's gonna be Grass/Normal type. Watch it happen.
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
#2Meta289Posted 2/10/2013 6:04:51 PM
Compelling evidence, chap.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#3mustardpi314Posted 2/10/2013 6:06:12 PM
if anything, it's gonna be water-grass for being related to Oshawott
---
Heh heh... the wind... it is... blowing...
Official Ninetales of the Pokemon X and Y boards
#4MetaFalconPunchPosted 2/10/2013 6:06:48 PM
I hadream that it was Grass/Poison.

Makes sense when you think about it.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. Kraid: (steps on you)
#5reaverzPosted 2/10/2013 6:09:53 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...

Hedgehog with poison quills? Yeah, I guess it does. I'd rather it have an underused type combo though, like Grass/Ground, Grass/Fighting, or Grass/Steel.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#6MetaFalconPunchPosted 2/10/2013 6:11:22 PM
reaverz posted...
MetaFalconPunch posted...

Hedgehog with poison quills? Yeah, I guess it does. I'd rather it have an underused type combo though, like Grass/Ground, Grass/Fighting, or Grass/Steel.

Same here.

I'm just saying that it does make sense...

I just hope it doesn't happen (though I'd prefer it over Fire/Fighting Fennekin)
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. Kraid: (steps on you)
#7MaurithPosted 2/10/2013 6:38:35 PM
Pure Grass.
---
Official Floatzel of the Pokemon XY boards
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/kouta-k6/favouritepokemon_zps877a78e5.png
#8Rose_MagePosted 2/10/2013 6:43:30 PM
You mean Grass/Ground.
---
R ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress, Official Beth of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board, Official DEOXYS fan of the Pokemon board
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#9reaverzPosted 2/10/2013 7:32:20 PM(edited)
You know, the more I think about it, the more I hope Chespin does evolve into a Grass/Ground type because it could be speedy to differentiate itself from Torterra. The only problem is that Fennekin would now have to evolve into Fire/Flying to avoid Chespin's new Ground typing, almost completely ensuring it would be terrible. Otherwise, there could be a reverse triangle with each starter hitting the other SE with one STAB.

With Grass/Ground, Froakie would have to end up Water/Ice or Water/Flying, which admittedly aren't usually good types. If Water/Ice, Fennekin would have to end up as Fire/Rock, Fire/Electric, or... Fire/Fighing... Water/Flying would force Fennekin to evolve into Fire/Rock or Fire/Electric, again. I think Fire/Electric is more favorable between the two. I avoided the Bug type in all these scenarios for obvious reasons.

I wonder, however, if people would actually be content with Grass/Ground, Fire/Electric, and either a Water/Ice or Water/Flying, for the starters?
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#10ThatKippPosted 2/10/2013 7:28:33 PM
You know, the more I think about it, the more I hope Chespin does evolve into a Grass/Ground type because it could be speedy to differentiate itself from Torterra. The only problem is that Fennekin would now have to evolve into Fire/Flying to avoid Chespin's new Ground typing, almost completely ensuring it would be terrible. Otherwise, there could be a reverse triangle with each starter hitting the other SE with one STAB.

With Grass/Ground, Froakie would have to end up Water/Ice or Water/Flying, which admittedly aren't usually good types. If Water/Ice, Fennekin would have to end up as Fire/Rock, Fire/Electric, or... Fire/Fighing... Water/Flying would force Fennekin to evolve into Fire/Rock or Fire/Electric, again. I think Fire/Electric is more favorable between the two. I avoided the Bug type in all these scenarios for obvious reasons.

What's interesting to note is that if Froakie became Water/Flying in this scenario, each starter would hit the starter they used to be weak against for x4 with the second STAB. I wonder, however, if people would actually be content with Grass/Ground, Fire/Electric, and Water/Flying starters?

You got Froakie wrong, Ice hits Grass/Ground for x4 damage, Flying only hits it for x2.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X boards
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725