This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember Battle CDs in Gale of Darkness?

#1Xavier_On_HighPosted 2/10/2013 8:53:21 PM
For those who haven't played XD, Battle CDs were training programs that gave you a preset Pokemon/Team, and placed you into a battle situation that (ostensibly) had one real solution that you had to figure out. They were essentially Pokemon battle-based puzzles to be solved.

They should do something like that again in this game. They were fun as tutorials to advanced techniques, but, more importantly, the advanced ones were fun and often very difficult to figure out the solution to. I'd like to see them return.
---
"It was like unwrapping a wonderful present -- a present made out of presents." - Graham Linehan, describing the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
#2Shadow_Navi_EXPosted 2/11/2013 6:01:40 AM
Aerodactyl vs Kyogre was a epic battle. We need more of that.
#3LexifoxPosted 2/11/2013 6:03:13 AM
Metronome war.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#4ElectricNovaPosted 2/11/2013 6:04:26 AM
I remember those. It's a shame that I rushed all of the way through XD without really appreciating it just to get the Lugia and transfer it (ironically I never managed to purify it)

Then I sold the game off to some kid for 10 more than I bought the game for, but hey.

The few CD'S I did were quite fun.
---
Official Rayquaza of the Pokemon X and Y boards
I like a lot of things. Like Pokemon. And Sonic. And Kirby. And Smash bros. And Coca cola.
#5KapuxaPosted 2/11/2013 6:26:03 AM
I find the Pokestar studios similiar to the battle CDs.
#6KitschgardenerPosted 2/11/2013 6:31:07 AM
I find the Pokestar studios similiar to the battle CDs.

Some of them are quite close, but there were some where dialogue determined everything (Ghost Eraser).

It'd be a good use for the trainers' school late-game or post-game, but it would make a good battle facility. too
#7Xavier_On_High(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 6:35:35 AM
Lexifox posted...
Metronome war.

Heh, that was fun, even if it didn't stick strictly to the puzzle element of some of the other battles. It inspired me and my friend to make Metronome teams for casual battles.

I liked the one that set an Eevee and its evolutions at lv30 vs a lv50 Mew.
---
"It was like unwrapping a wonderful present -- a present made out of presents." - Graham Linehan, describing the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
#8Meta289Posted 2/11/2013 9:25:03 AM
As long as they don't include one where you have to get a critical hit to win.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#9Ambi3ntT3chPosted 2/11/2013 9:27:01 AM
Meta289 posted...
As long as they don't include one where you have to get a critical hit to win.

This and the Salamence one at the start are the only ones I remember
#10CWtennisPosted 2/11/2013 9:38:45 AM
I'm really tempted to go bakc and play XD. I loved Colliseum and I bought XD but I barely played through it for some odd reason.
---
3053 5388 2361 - Pokemon White 2 FC < Default
5372 0620 2714 - Pokemon White FC