This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you feel if GF/Nintendo...

#1javel34Posted 2/11/2013 6:36:07 AM
Sold space in these games to corporations?

Like you're walking in one of the cities, stop in at a pokemart for "pop" only to find it replaced by "New Coca Cola health booster"

Or maybe the stones could have trademarked names, instead of Duskstone it could be "Reeboks swag evo stone"

Maybe game or movie companies could plug their characters into the game as well. I mean how many years have people wanted Yoshi? Well now you can get him as well as meet up with say, Danica Patrick (who then tries to sell you something non-sexy in a sexy way ((she isn't what I consider "sexy))
#2EnferolunosPosted 2/11/2013 6:37:36 AM
...No
Keep the product placement in Pikmin, please
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3KitschgardenerPosted 2/11/2013 6:39:14 AM
0/10.

In all seriousness, I wish Pokémon would have more in-world firms, brands, etc. beyond the likes of Devon.
#4_Super_Shadow_Posted 2/11/2013 6:39:29 AM
I would be more concerned how Danica patrick is trying to sell sex to a game who's target audience is young children.
---
Ridley, Tom Nook, Lip, Paper Mario, Megaman, Lloyd Irving, and Agumon for Smash
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 2/11/2013 6:39:46 AM
Not really.
References to other Nintendo games (like an ad for Super Mario Galaxy on a billboard) would be cool, but nothing beyond that.
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#6enixroxPosted 2/11/2013 6:44:46 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
References to other Nintendo games (like an ad for Super Mario Galaxy on a billboard) would be cool, but nothing beyond that.

I wouldn't mind that if the reference didn't smack you in the face. I think a billboard would be a little much, but I wouldn't mind having something that I had to be specifically looking for to find.
For example, the Mario character portrats in Zelda: OoT was something you had to kind of be looking for to find.

Pokemon is Pokemon and I don't want advertisements for other games to be too obvious. If they were, I think it would take away from the Pokemon Universe (IMO).
---
So far the only thing I've attracted with these edible undies, is ants.
Official hippie of the HM: ANB boards-3DS FC: 414117870987
#7hellslingerPosted 2/11/2013 6:46:39 AM
eh, I wouldn't care. In game ads have never bothered me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULCRM.jpg
#8ClassyOldHatPosted 2/11/2013 10:33:32 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Not really.

They did have a game console which had the Japan-Only Mario Vs. Wario in Red/Green, and the remakes.
#9NotChris_HansenPosted 2/11/2013 10:35:54 AM
_Super_Shadow_ posted...
I would be more concerned how Danica patrick is trying to sell sex to a game who's target audience is young children.

Young boys are attracted to attractive women. This is a well known fact of the universe.
#10JustPlainEvilPosted 2/11/2013 10:46:36 AM
javel34 posted...
Sold space in these games to corporations?

Like you're walking in one of the cities, stop in at a pokemart for "pop" only to find it replaced by "New Coca Cola health booster"

Or maybe the stones could have trademarked names, instead of Duskstone it could be "Reeboks swag evo stone"

Maybe game or movie companies could plug their characters into the game as well. I mean how many years have people wanted Yoshi? Well now you can get him as well as meet up with say, Danica Patrick (who then tries to sell you something non-sexy in a sexy way ((she isn't what I consider "sexy))

"swag"

Seriously......
---
Touhou/MLP/Animu/Gaming Fan. PSN: MortaLPortaL SteamID:MortaLPortaL_
Phenom II X4 965(4.0ghz), Sapphire 7870, 8GB Gskill, BioStar A880G+, Seasonic S12II, W8.