This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You reaction: Contrary no longer affects self-inflicted stat drops

#11deidara21Posted 2/11/2013 1:45:23 PM
Polimario posted...
Laugh as Serperior fans realize their beloved Snake is forever worse than Charizard.

Hp rock gg
---
You only see what your eyes want to see. Why can't life be what you want it to be. You're frozen. When your hearts not open.
#12Grammar_manPosted 2/11/2013 1:51:19 PM
Polimario posted...
Laugh as Serperior fans realize their beloved Snake is forever worse than Charizard.

Which, assuming some decent movepool improvements, won't really be the case any more.
#13reaverzPosted 2/11/2013 1:51:58 PM
It would make the ability horribly useless. I doubt GameFreak would do this though, just because they made a Contrary Spinda from the DW possibly have Superpower with no other way for Spinda to get Superpower (no, the BW2 move tutor doesn't work for some reason). This tells me that they want Contrary to be used with moves that inflict stat drops on the user.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#14GiftedACIIIPosted 2/11/2013 7:39:23 PM
deidara21 posted...
Polimario posted...

Hp rock gg

I realize Charizard sucks horribly in competitive as much as the next guy and I've used Serperior as a starter more too but Serperior really is a worse choice than Charizard (especially with Solar Power) as Serperior's main viable moveset is fast subseeder (which whimsicott and sceptile do much better) so its stuck in NU unless it wants to compete with them and MEGANIUM outclasses Serperior for supporting.

That is unless Serperior gets contrary and the ability's effect doesn't change.
#15_Super_Shadow_Posted 2/11/2013 7:40:43 PM
ElectricNova posted...
Serperior would still be my favourite design out of all the starters, but i'd be bitterly disapointed and do a big word shout like the one i just edited out of my post.

This. this is so eerily close to what I did.
---
Ridley, Tom Nook, Lip, Paper Mario, Megaman, Lloyd Irving, and Agumon for Smash