This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

thinking back the gen 1 pokemon were pretty dull looking

#11TyranidomegaPosted 2/11/2013 3:58:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12ballandchainPosted 2/11/2013 3:57:34 PM
It would be nice to see all the early gen pokemon that are too simplistic or that don't fit the more long-running aesthetic of the series as a whole receive redesigns. Not all of them need it, but, for example, the Hitmon pokemon.
---
I'm sharpening my knife, kupo!
#13fox444fPosted 2/11/2013 4:06:44 PM
Im not a genwunner but I have noticed most of my favorite pokemon are in that generation. Ninetales line Arcanine line and Eevee line to name a few.
---
Official Vulpix of the Pokemon X and Y boards.
#14Sid_StarkillerPosted 2/11/2013 4:09:43 PM
They had to be. They couldn't put too much detail on that black and white screen without the sprites being a mess (and they were already bad enough as is).
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292-6017-5477 (Sid)
Statement: Just a simple droid here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along.
#15SupahJemPosted 2/11/2013 4:21:57 PM
People only ride Gen 1 so hard because it was everyones first Pokemon game. No new Pokemon game will match how everyone felt playing Pokemon in the 1990s, for better or for worse.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: SupahJem
#16DarthPowercord2Posted 2/11/2013 4:47:03 PM
I'm more of a fan of Gen 2, though I liked the Gen 3 Pokemon the most.
---
How I wish, how I wish you were here
Okay, so I like Pink Floyd. Shut up.
#17iKhanicPosted 2/11/2013 4:51:44 PM
They aren't dull looking, they are simple. And that's the way I like it.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#18oshkoshbjoshPosted 2/11/2013 4:57:05 PM
SupahJem posted...
People only ride Gen 1 so hard because it was everyones first Pokemon game. No new Pokemon game will match how everyone felt playing Pokemon in the 1990s, for better or for worse.

Except for, you know, kids playing for the first time nowadays.
---
We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us.
Pokemon White FC: 0046-6707-6929
#19GiftedACIIIPosted 2/11/2013 7:33:49 PM
oshkoshbjosh posted...
SupahJem posted...

Except for, you know, kids playing for the first time nowadays.

Pokemon is a children's game. You're playing a children's game yourself so you're no better than them.

Though I started Gen I first myself and I can attain to what TC said. The fallacy that people who dislike the original because they're objectively inferior are younger than you is ridiculous. And you're not better than a child anyways since you're still just playing ingame Pokemon. Unless you play competitive which requires actual brain you're the exact same as a child.
#20Meta289Posted 2/11/2013 7:43:54 PM
keijimaster posted...
lazycomplife posted...
Except nothing even comes close to Gen 1 in terms of innovation and great pokemon designs.

Oh yes, half of the designs were circles. Wonderful innovation.

Well, Gen 1 was innovative in the sense that it was what started the series in the first place.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.