This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Things that you have been wondering about pokemon?

#1explosion213Posted 2/11/2013 7:57:48 PM
I always wondered about Spoink. This is its pokedex entry in Black/White 2:

Using its tail like a spring, it keeps its heart beating by bouncing constantly. If it stops, it dies.

What if you knock it out? Does it keep bouncing? Also, about Shedinja and its pokedex entry in Ruby:

SHEDINJA’s hard body doesn’t move - not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this POKéMON will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back.

Oh no, it will steal your soul if you look into the hole in its back. And if you use it, the hole that steals your soul is pointed right at you. Oops? And, Grimer and its pokedex entry for Soulsilver, Silver, and Gold:

(Gold)As it moves, it loses bits of its body from which new GRIMER emerge. This worsens the stench around it. (Silver/SoulSilver) Wherever GRIMER has passed, so many germs are left behind that no plants will ever grow again.

Wait, really? Wherever it goes, plants never grow again? And it reproduces like that? It's a wonder that the Pokemon world hasn't been reduced to a barren wasteland, with all the Grimer going around.
---
(>^.^)>, <(^.^<), (>^.^)>, <(^.^<), (>^.^)>, <(^.^<), etc. etc......
Le Kirby Dance! <3
#2EnferolunosPosted 2/11/2013 7:59:02 PM
Why do you need to collect pokedex data if every pokemon is already catalogued with a number and data?
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 2/11/2013 8:39:42 PM
Why does Water resist Ice?
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#4ThatKippPosted 2/11/2013 8:40:50 PM(edited)

Because ice=water but frozen. Plus when you run water over ice the ice melts.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X boards
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#5FuneralCakePosted 2/11/2013 8:41:00 PM
I've always wondered why people try to inject logic into Pokemon, like it's something that's supposed to make sense. It's a video game. Come on.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i don't even gaf anymore
#6javel34Posted 2/11/2013 8:41:24 PM
Enferolunos posted...
Why do you need to collect pokedex data if every pokemon is already catalogued with a number and data?

This. I assume that each pokedex contains something different, like habitat or diet slowly adding to a bigger picture, but then I realize people probably know almost all that stuff already.
#7ThatKippPosted 2/11/2013 8:42:16 PM
I've always wondered why people try to inject logic into Pokemon, like it's something that's supposed to make sense. It's a video game. Come on.

This is a favorite pastime of mine.
---
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 2/11/2013 8:44:26 PM
ThatKipp posted...

Whenever I see a blizzard, it freezes water.
And Ice Beam's description is that it's a super-cold beam of energy. Which should freeze the water.

Other games with types and effectiveness that I've seen have had Ice being effective against Water.
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#9ThatKippPosted 2/11/2013 9:09:31 PM
ThatKipp posted...

Whenever I see a blizzard, it freezes water.
And Ice Beam's description is that it's a super-cold beam of energy. Which should freeze the water.

Other games with types and effectiveness that I've seen have had Ice being effective against Water.

Okay let's change the type chart. While we're at it make Poison be super effective against:
Steel because acid
Water because it gets into the water supply and kills you
Normal because normal people die of poisoning
Bug because bugs can die from poisoning
Poison because poison+more poison=deadly
Fighting because you stick your fist in poison and it's gross
Flying because acid rain kills birds
Fire because poison is kind of like water so when you pour it on fire it extinguishes it.
Ice because the poison is acid so it melts the ice
Dark because even evil people can be poisoned
Ground because when you let poison go into the ground it gets into the water table and kills everyone
Rock because it's acid so it dissolves rock.
Dragon because dragons are alive too so they can be poisoned
Psychic because being poisonous is just cooler than being psychic.

Also Ghost should be immune to everything because you're dead already so nothing can hurt you.
---