This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what type do you think Ninfia is?

#31slmcknettPosted 2/11/2013 10:56:09 PM
I'm calling Bug-type, too.

I have a feeling it's official spelling is going to be "Nymphia" in Japanese (and Nympheon in English). And a "nymph" is a term to refer to the immature form of particular insects. Plus, the antennae-like streamers and the bug-shaped eyes.

That being said, the fact there's blue on it makes me think of Flying-type, but the "nymph" thing is really calling to me.
---
Official Luxord of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board
#32IrisVilePosted 2/11/2013 10:57:01 PM
FASHIONISTA!
---
One Girl + One Eevee = A Solo Run To RuleThem All http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960099-pokemon-heartgold-version/60725080
#33divinepandaPosted 2/11/2013 11:01:54 PM
jayman7 posted...
divinepanda posted...
A bug ... type would surely be heavier or around the the same weight as the others which is from 53-64lbs.

...Why? It's roughly the same size and weight as Mothim.

Because the evolutions that take away the collar are some of the heaviest and a bug type would most certainly have to add some kind of extra body piece to discern its bug type and make it heavier. And Mothim's lightness can be attributed to its secondary Flying Type. Both final stage pure Bug Types (Kricketune and Accelgor) are heavier than Ninfia. Kricketune is the same height and Accelgor is a foot shorter.
#34divinepandaPosted 2/11/2013 11:06:46 PM
(I'm on mobile and didn't know how to edit I apologize for the double post)

For it to be Flying or Bug would be so out of left field because of how hard they've stuck to only Special typings for the evolutions. Game Freak isn't the type to intentionally break such a pattern this late in the game. And since it doesn't look dragonly at all (unless you compare it to maybe Altaria) I'm sticking by my claim of it being a new light type. Besides we're well overdue for a light type anyway.
#35SephirothtPosted 2/11/2013 11:12:29 PM
divinepanda posted...

For it to be Flying or Bug would be so out of left field because of how hard they've stuck to only Special typings for the evolutions. Game Freak isn't the type to intentionally break such a pattern this late in the game. And since it doesn't look dragonly at all (unless you compare it to maybe Altaria) I'm sticking by my claim of it being a new light type. Besides we're well overdue for a light type anyway.

No we are not.
---
Official Jungo & Black Rider of the SMTIV board.
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere, R - Burning Executive
#36divinepandaPosted 2/11/2013 11:21:09 PM
Sephirotht posted...
divinepanda posted...

No we are not.

Why aren't we? Light would fill some decent holes in type advantages and disadvantages. It would combat Dark, Ghost, and Fighting, all types that signify malice. It would be weak to Rock (physically busting lights), Dark (an interesting dynamic like Dragon vs. Dragon), and Grass (absorbing natural light to grow, photosynthesis).
#37deathguise950Posted 2/11/2013 11:32:17 PM
heart/ love type? I dunno. It certainly doesn't look like an existing type..other than maybe normal.
I wish theyd hurry up and make my gravity type :p
#38divinepandaPosted 2/11/2013 11:32:34 PM
Also "Nin" in Japanese is either used as a counter for people (San-Nin, Yo-nin, Go-Nin) or as the beginning of Ninjutsu/Ninpo which means stealth, secrecy, endurance, perseverance, and patience, the latter three being debatable characteristics of something that would be considered "light."

Taking possible meaning even further, with Nin being a counter for people one could argue that it's meaning in Ninfia's name could be one that provides light to people, or people being of light and not dark, a theme black and white 2 touched on a little bit. It's a stretch but it points a lot more toward a light type than it does a flying, bug, or dragon.
#39darknova700Posted 2/12/2013 1:19:23 AM
I'm getting a huge Skyla vibe from it's design, so I'm thinking Flying
#40GohansephirothPosted 2/12/2013 1:20:35 AM
Its flying, just look here at the in game screens where its using a move with feathers

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/attachments/f693/84596-official-corocoro-discussion-thread-last-update-2-11-13-%7C-new-eeveelution-corocoro213.jpg
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss