This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ninfia= new type?

#1SalsaSavantPosted 2/11/2013 11:04:19 PM
I was thinking, why would they hide a type, especially because typing is Eevee's thing.

That's when I got to thinking.
Lot's of people have asked for a light type, for better or worse (mostly worse.)
Look at Y Deer in the trailer. It's covered in light when it appears.
Could it be light type?

Even if light type doesn't appear (which I hope it doesn't.) there's still a fairly decent chance that it's a new type.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#2IzanagiBlastPosted 2/11/2013 11:05:31 PM
When was the last time we got a new type?
---
US Blue/Black Ambassador 3DS XL FC:3351-4244-8930
Special Edition Halo 4 Xbox 360 GT: xXVergiliousXx
#3fredie11Posted 2/11/2013 11:06:37 PM
IzanagiBlast posted...
When was the last time we got a new type?

gen 2
---
"Hope is what makes us strong it is why we are here. Hope is what we fight with when all else is lost"
Married to Cynthia
#4Wheezy247Posted 2/11/2013 11:06:57 PM
Despite tons of people already bringing this up, I agree with you on this point. Bug just doesn't make since imo, it wouldn't make since to evolve eevee into a normal when it is a normal type, and the only remaining type would be flying. Which is honestly what I think it is, but bring up a fair point about the type not being listed.
#5sumweeabooPosted 2/11/2013 11:07:09 PM
It's going to be a Sound type and it's going to Beat box.
---
---
#6banjo kazooiePosted 2/11/2013 11:13:06 PM
I'm thinking Light type. Not that I want that to be true...
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#7SephirothtPosted 2/11/2013 11:18:16 PM
I'm thinking the no-Light type.
Seeing so many people going on and on about "we be needing a light-type, Trollfreak finally decided to not make it.
---
Official Jungo & Black Rider of the SMTIV board.
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere, R - Burning Executive
#8FrostaquaPosted 2/11/2013 11:25:36 PM
GameFreak could have make light-type in Gen 5.

Make Reshiram Light-type. Maybe more light-type for Audino, Musharna, Lilligant, Sigilyph, Alomomola, Eelektross, and Cryogonal. But they didn't. Waste opportunity and it may be too late to make new types because new type is too thin spread when you compare 649 pokemon to new 100 pokemon.

However, there may be still hope for retcon with older pokemon. GameFreak didn't have problem with the whole retcon business. They retcon type twice : Magnemite and Rotom's forms. And they also retcon evolution method. One for Milotic. Two for Mamoswine and Lickilicky since they could learn Ancientpower and Rollout via move tutor respectively before Gen 4.

But still, I would love see new type, especially light-type.
#9SakurafanboyPosted 2/11/2013 11:27:15 PM
No, there will not be a new type. There is no need for one other than fan begging. This would mean they'd have to restructure all 650+ to work with this new type, change some pokemon to light type, etc. Its a lot of work that I don't see them doing just because a minority of fans want it.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#10DMZappPosted 2/11/2013 11:34:23 PM(edited)
If what I suspect about Ninfia, and now Xerneas and Yveltal, is correct, then they are all indeed a new type at least...

(Deep voice)
...DNA type.

(normal voice)
That, or I've gone crazy and need a nap.
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: 2664-2654-8959
Nothin' much, just cookin'.