This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the plan to give all pokemon 3 stages?

#1mickomooPosted 2/12/2013 1:28:08 AM
Thats what it seems like. I stopped playing the games after 3 but Ive looked at the newer designs and stuff, and it seems every gen especially during the even numbered ones they add 3 stages to existing Pokemon like they're trying to give everyone a completed evolutionary branch
---
Naruto Fc: 3567-5158-4733(nick: Mic-0)
brawl Fc:2062-8831-1771(nick: Mic-0)
#2FroakiePosted 2/12/2013 1:37:10 AM
Poor Pinsir....
---
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/13/134743/2409667-froakie_large.jpg
#3jayman7Posted 2/12/2013 1:47:09 AM
I sincerely doubt it, and given that the fourth gen only added a third stage to a handful of Pokemon, that the fifth gen didn't evolve ANYTHING from previous generations while introducing a bunch of one- and two-stage Pokemon, and the only confirmed sixth-gen so far is a two-stager, I would say that you don't know what you're talking about.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4Tomar-RePosted 2/12/2013 1:59:18 AM
jayman7 posted...
I sincerely doubt it, and given that the fourth gen only added a third stage to a handful of Pokemon, that the fifth gen didn't evolve ANYTHING from previous generations while introducing a bunch of one- and two-stage Pokemon, and the only confirmed sixth-gen so far is a two-stager, I would say that you don't know what you're talking about.

Regarding the 5th generation, it didn't do that because it introduced a new pattern with the other two. Those two being: Introduce Pokémon and Evolve older Pokémon (for example, Gen 1 introduced first-gen Pokemon of course, and then Gen 2 went further with some of the Gen 1 Pokémon while also providing more. Gen 3 introduced more, but I think it also extended evolutions as well IIRC. And finally, Gen 4, same thing, built on old gen Pokémon, and then Gen 5 changed by recreating and basing off the first gen.).

I suspect they'll leave the old gens alone for good except for a select few possibly, and of course eveelutions. I'm betting on extended evolutions of Gen 5.
---
PSN: Deathless600 XBL: Lord Gaius
3DS: 5026 4501 0564 Steam: Harlow
#5jayman7Posted 2/12/2013 2:12:03 AM
The point is, non-three-stage evolutionary families are being introduced faster than prevos and evos are making them three-stagers. And there are a number of non-legendary Pokemon I feel have no business evolving or having anything evolve into them.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere