This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the plan to give all pokemon 3 stages?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is the plan to give all pokemon 3 stages?

User Info: mickomoo

mickomoo
3 years ago#1
Thats what it seems like. I stopped playing the games after 3 but Ive looked at the newer designs and stuff, and it seems every gen especially during the even numbered ones they add 3 stages to existing Pokemon like they're trying to give everyone a completed evolutionary branch
Naruto Fc: 3567-5158-4733(nick: Mic-0)
brawl Fc:2062-8831-1771(nick: Mic-0)

User Info: Froakie

Froakie
3 years ago#2
Poor Pinsir....
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/13/134743/2409667-froakie_large.jpg

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
3 years ago#3
I sincerely doubt it, and given that the fourth gen only added a third stage to a handful of Pokemon, that the fifth gen didn't evolve ANYTHING from previous generations while introducing a bunch of one- and two-stage Pokemon, and the only confirmed sixth-gen so far is a two-stager, I would say that you don't know what you're talking about.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

User Info: Tomar-Re

Tomar-Re
3 years ago#4
jayman7 posted...
I sincerely doubt it, and given that the fourth gen only added a third stage to a handful of Pokemon, that the fifth gen didn't evolve ANYTHING from previous generations while introducing a bunch of one- and two-stage Pokemon, and the only confirmed sixth-gen so far is a two-stager, I would say that you don't know what you're talking about.

Regarding the 5th generation, it didn't do that because it introduced a new pattern with the other two. Those two being: Introduce Pokémon and Evolve older Pokémon (for example, Gen 1 introduced first-gen Pokemon of course, and then Gen 2 went further with some of the Gen 1 Pokémon while also providing more. Gen 3 introduced more, but I think it also extended evolutions as well IIRC. And finally, Gen 4, same thing, built on old gen Pokémon, and then Gen 5 changed by recreating and basing off the first gen.).

I suspect they'll leave the old gens alone for good except for a select few possibly, and of course eveelutions. I'm betting on extended evolutions of Gen 5.
PSN: Deathless600 XBL: Lord Gaius
3DS: 5026 4501 0564 Steam: Harlow

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
3 years ago#5
The point is, non-three-stage evolutionary families are being introduced faster than prevos and evos are making them three-stagers. And there are a number of non-legendary Pokemon I feel have no business evolving or having anything evolve into them.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is the plan to give all pokemon 3 stages?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived