This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I was challenged to list reasons why a Dragon-type Eeveelution won't happen.

#1WonderstruckPosted 2/12/2013 5:52:17 AM
How can I elaborate on my point that Eevee evolves to adapt to its surroundings and that doesn't make sense with the Dragon-type?

Also any other ideas?
#2erekwashere15Posted 2/12/2013 5:55:10 AM
Perhaps it could a location evolution, like Leafeon and Glaceon. Possibly in some sort of mythic cave which claims to enhance the power of Dragon type Pokemon or something.

Though I hate Eeveelutions, this would make sense to me.
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#3Wonderstruck(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 6:08:29 AM
Reasons why a Dragon-type Eeveelution *won't* happen
#4Wynters387Posted 2/12/2013 6:12:11 AM
Wonderstruck posted...
Reasons why a Dragon-type Eeveelution *won't* happen

Well he just destroyed your first reasoning. Back to square one.
---
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board
#5SeilaerionPosted 2/12/2013 6:13:27 AM
I actually can't think of any reasons to support it not being possible.

Honestly, if you think about it, Ghost would have the same reasons not to as Dragon. Hell, Dark and Psychic, too.

Psychic "environment" is being happy in the day and Dark "environment" is being happy at night? haha

So really, Dragon in a location heavily linked to dragons(there have been a few), Ghost in an area linked to deceased Pokemon(there have been a ton)... They actually seem MORE likely than two types we already have.

So whatever.
#6EnferolunosPosted 2/12/2013 6:42:27 AM
The original 3 evolve to adapt to their environment?
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#7LenneValkiryePosted 2/12/2013 6:47:45 AM(edited)
Gamefreak doesn't care about patterns. If they did Jynx would have gained an evolution like Magmar and Electabuzz. Likewise, Banette would have gained one like Dusclops.

Besides, the old physical/special split is dead. It is no longer a valid pattern. It could have been before gen 4, now there is no reason to even consider it.
#8SeilaerionPosted 2/12/2013 6:48:48 AM
Enferolunos posted...

Supposedly, Eevee is supposed to adapt to its environment, it's the evolution Pokemon. The concept of it evolving to its environment is mentioned in a lot of the Pokedex entries.

The stones are said to kind of "force" this process due to its genetics being so unstable. Yet for whatever reason, leaf stones don't for Leafeon, nor do sun/moon work for Umbreon/Espeon.

(Though in XD the Sun and Moon Shards evolve Eevee into Espeon and Umbreon respectively)
#9LenneValkiryePosted 2/12/2013 6:49:26 AM
Enferolunos posted...

Yes, that was the whole idea behind Eevee and its unstable genetic code.
#10EnferolunosPosted 2/12/2013 6:53:56 AM
Seilaerion posted...
Enferolunos posted...

Supposedly, Eevee is supposed to adapt to its environment, it's the evolution Pokemon. The concept of it evolving to its environment is mentioned in a lot of the Pokedex entries.

The stones are said to kind of "force" this process due to its genetics being so unstable. Yet for whatever reason, leaf stones don't for Leafeon, nor do sun/moon work for Umbreon/Espeon.

(Though in XD the Sun and Moon Shards evolve Eevee into Espeon and Umbreon respectively)

So why couldn't there be something dragon related to force it to evolve? This topic is silly.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you