This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Arguments on Ninfia's type

#1LenneValkiryePosted 2/12/2013 7:45:42 AM(edited)
Normal

Supporting arguments: it's pink and girly like many Normal-types (such as the Chansey, Clefairy and Jigglypuff families).

Contrary arguments: the whole concept behind Eevee is a pokemon whose unstable genetic code causes it to adapt to its surroundings when it evolves. Until that happens it has no reason to evolve.

Flying

Supporting arguments: it looks like Skyla.

Contrary arguments: no wings and it's firmly on the ground, therefore it's not a "flying" pokemon

Bug

Supporting arguments: it has an obvious butterfly pattern, antennae, glassy eyes and it seems to be covered in some kind of bright, light-reflecting dust commonly used by Bug-types (Stun Spore, Rage Powder etc.).

Contrary arguments: it's not 6-legged.

Dragon

Supporting arguments: Dragon is a former special type and the only one that doesn't have an eevolution yet.

Contrary arguments: it looks nothing like a dragon.

Can we please stop the speculation at this point? It's pretty obvious it's going to be either a normal or bug type with bug being more likely.
#2HitagiPosted 2/12/2013 7:45:23 AM
No.
#3SeilaerionPosted 2/12/2013 7:46:28 AM
Further argument for Normal type: What if its genetics are stabilized without forcing a type mutation?

It explains both the reason why it looks so different from its normal, unstable form and why it remains a normal type.

This is honestly the most plausible idea I've been able to think of even after reading over all the threads I've seen haha.
#4TehKrimboElfPosted 2/12/2013 7:47:04 AM
Dragin because it's the only one with fangs. And they only revealed one new eeveelution as opposed to the nornal two. See they omly revealed one because the only special type left is dragon.
---
The official Surt of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
White 2 FC: 2581 1170 0989
#5GATTJTPosted 2/12/2013 7:47:10 AM
It's not Bug. If I had to speculate on an existing type, I'd lean towards Normal.

But...

It's a fairly drastic change from Eevee, so even Normal is iffy. If anything, this is pointing towards a new type, possibly Light.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84
#6javel34Posted 2/12/2013 7:48:07 AM
Kind of like how you have to burn your Eevee for Flareon, Shock it for Jolteon? You could wait for Eevee to adapt to changes or you could just shove a stone down it's throat.
#7GATTJTPosted 2/12/2013 7:48:16 AM
Further argument for Normal type: What if its genetics are stabilized without forcing a type mutation?

It explains both the reason why it looks so different from its normal, unstable form and why it remains a normal type.

This is honestly the most plausible idea I've been able to think of even after reading over all the threads I've seen haha.

Interesting theory. It's plausible. Like I said, if it's any existing type, it's most likely Normal.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84
#8SooChillinPosted 2/12/2013 7:48:43 AM
Dragon.

"It looks nothing like a Dragon"
See, Shelgon #372.
#9KeeperOfShadowsPosted 2/12/2013 7:49:39 AM
Seilaerion posted...

It actually makes sense, too.

2 gold stars!
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
Currently playing: SSF4:AE, FFV, Megaman9&10
#10Misdreavus573Posted 2/12/2013 7:51:40 AM
Oh for the love of...

Take one look at the thing. It is not a Bug type. It is so clearly, obviously, not a Bug type. There is nothing even vaguely bug-like about Ninfia. Bows, ribbons ("antennae"? Seriously?), and big eyes does not mean "bug."