This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ninfia is a new type. Prove me wrong.

#21Crazy555672Posted 2/12/2013 10:44:36 AM
If there are new types, its not like they couldnt go back and add it to a lot of the old pokemon. Just like they added the type Steel and Dark to a lot of the old pokemon after G/S. Granted, that would drastically change the way a lot of the pokemon work and the gameplay.

However, I'd be down for that. I want something new. Not afraid of change.
#22MelkacPosted 2/12/2013 10:47:45 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Light Type would be pretty stupid, but I would probably just deal with it. The only issue I have with Light Type is how late it is in the series for adding a Type. And how many moves would you have to make to make Light balanced with the other types?

However, I'd probably just live with it. Besides, lots of old Pokemon would probably learn these moves, and a number of them will probably be great.

Light is kinda stupid to add now, but I'm fine with it.

Light would be the OP type.
Autoban from Smogon.

(Ok, it would only be strong and weak against Dark)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#23_KGC_Posted 2/12/2013 10:48:08 AM
Just like they added the type Steel and Dark to a lot of the old pokemon after G/S.

Maybe I'm just misinterpreting what you are saying but the only old Pokemon that were given new types was Magnemite >.>
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#24Infernus93Posted 2/12/2013 10:48:08 AM
Skylan2021 posted...
Why would they make a flying type with no wings? Ribbons do not equal flying. But I suppose its still possible.

Its name is NOT Nympheon. I dont care if its some sort of larva/pupa whatever. Why would they name what is essentially the final bug evolution of eevee after a larva if its fully evolved. It also has no bug-like characteristics. Not in the eyes certainly, and those ribbons do not look insect like at all. Dont you think they could be a little more obvious.

1. I would be disappointed at the missed opportunity to put little wings on its feet if it were a flying type.

2. Nymph does not only refer to bugs. A nymph is also a spirit in Greek mythology. The name Nympheon covers a lot of ground.
---
I like Monster Rancher.
#25Crazy555672Posted 2/12/2013 11:12:04 AM
_KGC_ posted...
Just like they added the type Steel and Dark to a lot of the old pokemon after G/S.

Maybe I'm just misinterpreting what you are saying but the only old Pokemon that were given new types was Magnemite >.>

Yea you're right. What I meant to say was moves were changed to include the new types.

I still wouldnt mind a change like that. Dont care how late in the series it is.
#26D_BartPosted 2/12/2013 11:13:27 AM
The burden of proof is on the person making the claim

/topic.
---
Splash
#27DevourerofLovePosted 2/12/2013 11:36:06 AM
Skylan2021 posted...
It has to be. If you cant look at an eevee evolution and guess what it is right away after seeing it. Its gotta be something that has never existed before.

Why would they make a flying type with no wings? Ribbons do not equal flying. But I suppose its still possible.

Dragon type. I could potentially see this...although nothing about it really screams Dragon. Kinda the same with flying. Id think their designers could be more clear with what youre getting.

Its name is NOT Nympheon. I dont care if its some sort of larva/pupa whatever. Why would they name what is essentially the final bug evolution of eevee after a larva if its fully evolved. It also has no bug-like characteristics. Not in the eyes certainly, and those ribbons do not look insect like at all. Dont you think they could be a little more obvious.

How would it evolve if it were a normal type? Espeon and Umbreon both evolve in day/night respectively. So the only way it could evolve into a normal type would be what...through the use of a "Normal Stone/Rock?" Sorry but not. And it couldnt just evolve into the normal evolution randomly because some people would be confused when it evolves. If its daytime would they think "Oh is it Ninfia or Espeon?" Imagine the complaints.

Also the picture of Ninfia with all the other Eevee evos...well, it looks sparkly to be honest. Theres little sparkles of light surrounding Ninfia and nobody else. I wont even bother conjecturing about the Rainbow in the back.

But through the sparkles, the secrecy of typing, and process of elimination...lets call it a new type. Most likely Light, though Im sure many loathe to admit it.

Shaymin's Sky Forme has a scarf. Ribbons are whimsical and flutter in the wind! lol
I wouldn't rule out Flying.

And if not that, I still think it would be Normal then. Since they mention it being obtained in some special way I never even considered time of day evolution. There are lots of options for strange ways to evolve. Look at Feebas, Karrablast and Shelmet, Glaceon, Leafeon...
---
You are a jailer of love. And so you devour people, piece and whole. Now consume me. You need to eat.
#28OldDirtyCRPosted 2/12/2013 11:40:04 AM(edited)
Shiny stone. Cinccino, so why not Ninfia?

/topic

Also moon stone.

---
Official husband of Skyla.
#29JacornonthecobPosted 2/12/2013 11:43:14 AM
The colors remind me of Dragon, but you're right that the colors and eyes are pretty much all that make me think that way.

Your thing about Normal type is pretty weak though. They can always come up with new ways to evolve, and we already have the shiny stone. I don't want a Normal type as much as anyone else, but it definitely could be.

The thing that makes me think it's a new type is the fact that they bothered to hide it, the sparkling, and the attack that it's doing in the screenshot looks pretty special oriented. And you know how everyone's saying it might be flying because of how light it is? Well, maybe it's so LIGHT for another reason.
#30Hierarchy225Posted 2/12/2013 11:47:20 AM
Maybe Ninfia is just a Normal type?