This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ninfia is a new type. Prove me wrong.

#51RunebogglePosted 2/12/2013 4:12:33 PM
They guy before me was right though, you indeed DO divide by zero (b-a is 1-1, you can't divide like that), but he was ruining the fun so I pushed him aside :P

It invalidates your proof, so yeah. <_<
You can essentially prove anything is equal to anything if you divide by zero. Don't do it.
---
Si || Everyone dies. It is how one lives that matters.
#52pokemonpokemon4Posted 2/12/2013 6:22:13 PM
Runeboggle posted...
They guy before me was right though, you indeed DO divide by zero (b-a is 1-1, you can't divide like that), but he was ruining the fun so I pushed him aside :P

It invalidates your proof, so yeah. <_<
You can essentially prove anything is equal to anything if you divide by zero. Don't do it.

I hope you realize that I had said you were right, but I was just pushing you away for ruining the fun.
#53serrapadre13Posted 2/12/2013 11:54:17 PM
After some analysis of the CoroCoro scan, I did find a pretty big hint at Ninfia's type being flying. If you look closely at the screenshot of Ninfia performing an attack, I am almost certain it is surrounded by feathers. This obviously leads to the only logical conclusion that Ninfia is in fact flying type. Aside from the fact that if it were some new "light" or other type pokemon, it would be clearly designed to leave no doubt about it as the first new pokemon of that type.
#54jjacobsnd5Posted 2/13/2013 12:07:20 AM
Not that I believe this source (though it is always possible Ninfia really is a new type), but I just came across this.
http://thedailyhotness.net/post/42939398704/ninfia-or-nympheon-is-the-first-of-two-eevee
Thoughts?
#55Faust_8Posted 2/13/2013 12:27:11 AM
Crazy555672 posted...
If there are new types, its not like they couldnt go back and add it to a lot of the old pokemon. Just like they added the type Steel and Dark to a lot of the old pokemon after G/S. Granted, that would drastically change the way a lot of the pokemon work and the gameplay.

However, I'd be down for that. I want something new. Not afraid of change.

Besides the Magnemite line, what other Gen I Pokemon did they add Steel or Dark to?
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#56GeramothPosted 2/13/2013 12:32:44 AM
Long before seeing this I heard many rumors about adding a different type. (I heard such before they were even announced as x and y) Hearing this made me excited because a light type excites me and I can't think of any other type that they would add. In spite of this I really think it's unlikely that they'll add a new type. If they do then yeah she is probably light type, but she really doesn't look like it. It's more likely a normal type that evolves with a moon stone. It also is probably different if the reverse is male or female because of how very feminine she looks. And no. It's not flying. There is nothing flying or bird like about her. Stop saying flying. That's just ludicrous.
#57Ambi3ntT3chPosted 2/13/2013 12:53:10 AM
Faust_8 posted...
Crazy555672 posted...
If there are new types, its not like they couldnt go back and add it to a lot of the old pokemon. Just like they added the type Steel and Dark to a lot of the old pokemon after G/S. Granted, that would drastically change the way a lot of the pokemon work and the gameplay.

However, I'd be down for that. I want something new. Not afraid of change.

Besides the Magnemite line, what other Gen I Pokemon did they add Steel or Dark to?

Woah! Hang on a sec, after G/S is Gen 1? Don't think so.
#58JKPhagePosted 2/13/2013 1:04:30 AM
Honestly my first reaction was that it was either Normal or Fighting with absolutely no thought needed. The arguments you mentioned for it being a normal type evolution are actually easy enough to work around, Espeon and Umbreon have to have their happiness high enough when Eevee levels up to become those respective evolutions, so if you level up Eevee to a high enough level without the happiness stat being high enough it would become Ninfia. The issue here is actually that we have never had a pokemon gain another evolution based solely on levelling to a certain level when they did not previously. All "new" evoltions required the use of a stone, trading with a held item or other such unusual things, so I don't think Eevee would be an exception.

As for why I think it's Fighting type? SImple enough. The name. All of the Eeveelutions have very telling names in both english and japanese (Showers, Thunders, Booster, Eifie, Blacky, Leafia and Glacia for those who don't know the original names). We don't know what the English language name will be just yet as the CoroCoro scan was created for the Japanese market, but it still fits the pattern. Leafia > Leaf > Grass type. Glacia > Glacier > Ice type. My thinking is Ninfia > Ninja > Fighting type. Yes it may look a bit girly and flowy for a fighting type, but just look at Mienshao, or even Meloetta in Pirouette Form. There are always strange-looking outliers in each type group. It's not guaranteed, but I think the name is the biggest hint we were given and frankly I have trouble seeing how it could be anything BUT Fighting type.

If they DO introduce a new type and it turns out to be Light, I won't lie, I'll be very pleased about that. I've always wanted a type to be a bit more of a balance to Dark. I mean, we have evil/sinister type pokemon but no holy/protector type in counterbalance? If they do add the type I very much see alot of older pokemon having it added as a type (Chansey and Blissey come IMMEDIATELY to mind, possibly Clefairy and perhaps even a few more interesting concepts like perhaps Ninetails) along with a few moves being re-typed to Light (just like Bite became dark-type) to flesh out the move pool aside from new attacks. Plus, this would give us a very interesting chance to have a Legendary Pair made up of a Light type and a Dark type (most likely with a secondary type each) with a super awesome third to the Trio being a Light/Dark type.

*Shrug* I've been a long-time proponent of adding a Light type so I won't lie and say I wouldn't love for that to be the case, even if it is a little late in the game. Even if that is the case, I'd prefer to look at it another way: they're throwing the fanbase a curveball to keep things fresh. If they add a whole new type, type-change some old moves and add new ones with unknown effects and tendencies then the fans who have been around for a long time will have to re-learn type match-ups, rebalance team strategies, and generally think harder to be successful, just like back in the good old days when Pokemon was new and we were all learning how best to play and strategize and finding our own way of doing things. We wouldn't know what the Light type is set up to do (i.e. Poison has alot of status effects, Dark involves trickery and special rules, Fighting type hits hard), it could be set up as a healing type with alot of status restore/hp restore abilities, which would also make them effective tanks if they also have good HP, or they could be set up as super-fast attackers with multi-hit moves to give them the effect of being very quick, dash-in-and-get-out fighters. It's all a very exciting prospect.

Anyway, I've rambled enough on the subject. TL;DR, Ninfia is probably a Fighting type, possibly a Normal type. If they do add a Light type though, rock on.
#59Brandon00151Posted 2/13/2013 1:20:58 AM
Im gonna laugh when October comes around and there are no new types.
#60SquatPosted 2/13/2013 1:51:16 AM
what if just plain Eevee evolved at level 30 or 25?
---
White Friend Code: 5157-2399-9414
Black Friend Code: 4556-3397-8109