This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ninfia is a new type. Prove me wrong.

#61KitschgardenerPosted 2/13/2013 2:03:24 AM
All of the Eeveelutions have very telling names in both english and japanese (Showers, Thunders, Booster, Eifie, Blacky, Leafia and Glacia for those who don't know the original names).

Booster and Eifie are "telling"?
My thinking is Ninfia > Ninja > Fighting type.

So why not Ninjia? Nin- has as much chance as referring to "ninja" as it has referring to Nintendo.
#62xyzlacticPosted 2/13/2013 2:14:35 AM
jjacobsnd5 posted...
Not that I believe this source (though it is always possible Ninfia really is a new type), but I just came across this.
http://thedailyhotness.net/post/42939398704/ninfia-or-nympheon-is-the-first-of-two-eevee
Thoughts?

Im glad light is more likely now!

but im confused? how is light gonna be a new trinity with steel and dragon?

light is unknown at the moment but steel is neutral against dragon and dragon is not very effective aginst steel? unless they do some thing like this

Weakness

Light--> Steel-->Dragon-->Light, etc

i dunno im confused?
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#63Altros253Posted 2/13/2013 2:18:45 AM
Skylan2021 posted...
Its name is NOT Nympheon. I dont care if its some sort of larva/pupa whatever. Why would they name what is essentially the final bug evolution of eevee after a larva if its fully evolved. It also has no bug-like characteristics. Not in the eyes certainly, and those ribbons do not look insect like at all. Dont you think they could be a little more obvious.

To the contrary, it actually might as well be "Nympheon."

The name for Ninfia in Japanese is "ニンフィア."

it breaks down like this:

ni = ニ
n = ン
fi = フィ
a = ア

Now, the fi part is the interesting part. "Fi" is a special case in which is is a combination of "fu" (フ) and "i" (イ). If we were to take out the "i" component then we'd get Ninfua. This Ninfu (ニンフ) is the katakana version of "nymph."

Thus, it might as well be "Nympheon."

As mentioned before, however, nymph doesn't necessarily mean bug. However, it would explain the ribbons and possibly a connection between pageants and this pokemon, as nymphs in greek mythology were typically depicted as young, beautiful and celebratory maidens.

Just my two cents with a few facts thrown in, let's see if this helps the debate at all.
#64Altros253Posted 2/13/2013 2:25:20 AM
Altros253 posted...
Skylan2021 posted...
Its name is NOT Nympheon. I dont care if its some sort of larva/pupa whatever. Why would they name what is essentially the final bug evolution of eevee after a larva if its fully evolved. It also has no bug-like characteristics. Not in the eyes certainly, and those ribbons do not look insect like at all. Dont you think they could be a little more obvious.

To the contrary, it actually might as well be "Nympheon."

The name for Ninfia in Japanese is "ニンフィア."

it breaks down like this:

ni = ニ
n = ン
fi = フィ
a = ア

Now, the fi part is the interesting part. "Fi" is a special case in which is is a combination of "fu" (フ) and "i" (イ). If we were to take out the "i" component then we'd get Ninfua. This Ninfu (ニンフ) is the katakana version of "nymph."

Thus, it might as well be "Nympheon."

As mentioned before, however, nymph doesn't necessarily mean bug. However, it would explain the ribbons and possibly a connection between pageants and this pokemon, as nymphs in greek mythology were typically depicted as young, beautiful and celebratory maidens.

Just my two cents with a few facts thrown in, let's see if this helps the debate at all.

Huh...Alright then, note to self: GameFAQs forums doesn't like katakana. For those who are interested, and/or don't want to take me for my word, look up the katakana for ninfia and then the katakana for nymph, you will see the similarities I attempted to describe here.
#65vlogergamesPosted 2/13/2013 3:11:34 AM
I agree with you the fact that they didn't tell it's typing combined with the fact that you can't see what type it is the moment you look at it is enough for me to assume it's a new typing.
we'll see but i don't think it'll be normal type like most people do because that would defeat the whole idea of the eeveelutions .
#66Faust_8Posted 2/13/2013 10:04:14 AM
Ambi3ntT3ch posted...
Faust_8 posted...
Crazy555672 posted...
If there are new types, its not like they couldnt go back and add it to a lot of the old pokemon. Just like they added the type Steel and Dark to a lot of the old pokemon after G/S. Granted, that would drastically change the way a lot of the pokemon work and the gameplay.

However, I'd be down for that. I want something new. Not afraid of change.

Besides the Magnemite line, what other Gen I Pokemon did they add Steel or Dark to?

Woah! Hang on a sec, after G/S is Gen 1? Don't think so.

Whoa! Hang on a sec. Making new Steel and Dark types in Gen II, Gen III, and onward is "adding" Steel and Dark to "old" Pokemon? Don't think so.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#67galaxiadarknessPosted 2/13/2013 10:10:59 AM
Is anyone else bothered that Ninfia isn't an -eon? =(
---
GameFAQs, where the term "Karma Sucks" doesn't apply.
#68LexifoxPosted 2/13/2013 10:11:45 AM
galaxiadarkness posted...
Is anyone else bothered that Ninfia isn't an -eon? =(

Japanese name. The Eeveeluion names don't end with -eon in Japan. They'll make it an -eon with the English translation.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#69spingu101Posted 2/13/2013 2:07:04 PM
I personally think that Ninfia will be like a normal pokemon, and evolve when reaches a certain level. I also think that it will have to be a female Eevee to evolve into a Ninfia. Who knows, it might have a male counterpart. In terms of types, it will probably be dual.
#70Arie3797Posted 2/13/2013 8:51:46 PM
Its a combonation of victini and eevee pull all three up an see the magic ... Sorta like kurium mixing w/ zekrom and reshriam