This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In this day and age, should Pikachu be the series mascot anymore?

#1jakestar0306Posted 2/12/2013 12:25:30 PM(edited)
Should it? - Results (96 votes)
Yes
66.67% (64 votes)
No
33.33% (32 votes)
This poll is now closed.
(I might as well make this a poll...)

Pikachu is used very rarely in the games outside of spinoffs. Should it still be the mascot or should it be something else? Should the franchise even have any specific mascot? I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are on this.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#2glitchunter75Posted 2/12/2013 12:25:44 PM
He's been mascot for more than a decade. I doubt he'll be replaced any time soon.
---
Gotta kill them all!: A satyr's take on the Pokemon theme song.
Official Shiny Victini of all Pokemon boards.
#3SlimeStackPosted 2/12/2013 12:26:26 PM
Well I like him being the mascot of the anime, and the anime kind of drives the franchise in terms of promotion.

GameFreak did seem quite content with making him one of the only Pokémon that can't be found in Unova though.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#4Nerwrax15Posted 2/12/2013 12:29:57 PM
You don't simply get rid of a mascot just because its been a long time. Ronald McDonald is the mascot of McDonalds but the resturant doesn't center around him.
---
NaughtyGhost, my fav person on gamefaqs. Props+forever=http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv335/NaughtyGhostGuy/may.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nerwrax15
#5ElectricNovaPosted 2/12/2013 12:30:47 PM
Raichu got screwed and deserves more exposure.
---
Official Rayquaza of the Pokemon X and Y boards
I like a lot of things. Like Pokemon. And Sonic. And Kirby. And Smash bros. And Coca cola.
#6glitchunter75Posted 2/12/2013 12:32:21 PM
SlimeStack posted...
Well I like him being the mascot of the anime, and the anime kind of drives the franchise in terms of promotion.

GameFreak did seem quite content with making him one of the only Pokémon that can't be found in Unova though.

Actually, Pikachu can be found in Unova.

The screen above the Pokemon Center in Castelia City has a picture of Pikachu.
---
Gotta kill them all!: A satyr's take on the Pokemon theme song.
Official Shiny Victini of all Pokemon boards.
#7SlimeStackPosted 2/12/2013 12:32:52 PM
glitchunter75 posted...
SlimeStack posted...

Actually, Pikachu can be found in Unova.

The screen above the Pokemon Center in Castelia City has a picture of Pikachu.

Real wild Pikachu I meant! >.<
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#8HitagiPosted 2/12/2013 12:32:53 PM
Every gen will have its own couple of mascot Pokemon, but Pikachu will always be viewed as the overall series mascot.
#9GastroidPosted 2/12/2013 12:33:20 PM
I've argued that Eevee would have been a much better mascot for Pokemon overall (which I think The Pokemon Company knows too, having basically adapted Eevee as a secondary mascot for the series just under Pikachu), but history has been set. It's much too late to matter now. Pikachu is to Pokemon what Mario is to... Mario. Okay, that was a poor example.
---
Quantum Gastroid
Third Generation Android Unit Series
#10Jrx1Posted 2/12/2013 12:34:14 PM
Wha? Since when was Pikachu the mascot?

I thought it was Omastar.
---
Official Mewtwo of the Pokemon X and Y boards
~The Strongest Pokemon!~