This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In this day and age, should Pikachu be the series mascot anymore?

#11VoidBeyondPosted 2/12/2013 12:35:03 PM
It shouldn't be Pikachu but it's gonna stay Pikachu
---
GT: Dethrow2112//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN White FC: 4771 6383 7145
#12Catcher_FreemanPosted 2/12/2013 12:36:34 PM(edited)
Pikachu's too popular to replace.

He was made mascot because of his popularity.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#13reaverzPosted 2/12/2013 12:40:36 PM
They won't be able to replicate the mass-appeal of Pikachu with anything else. Did you know GameFreak actually tried to push Munchlax as another mascot back when they first revealed it?
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#14NitharadPosted 2/12/2013 12:50:58 PM
I hate Pikachu, he should've been replaced ages ago.

Same goes for Ash etc.

Gimme some new interesting characters that actually develop and have some depth to them instead of being tools.
#15Iced_ShadowsPosted 2/12/2013 12:56:44 PM
The question wasn't how likely Pikachu will stay being the mascot, it was whether or not it SHOULD still be the mascot. And I answered "No." For one thing, Ash and Pikachu in my personal opinion ruined the anime when it COULD have been something halfway decent. For another, as already stated, Pikachu isn't even a big part of the modern games. It has a few vague cameos here and there but that's about it. I'm not counting the spinoffs, of course.
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#16VIIVincentPosted 2/12/2013 1:00:45 PM
Ash isnt the mascot so he should be replaced with a new main character who also has a Pikachu.
---
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*
#17HitagiPosted 2/12/2013 1:02:19 PM
Iced_Shadows posted...
The question wasn't how likely Pikachu will stay being the mascot, it was whether or not it SHOULD still be the mascot. And I answered "No." For one thing, Ash and Pikachu in my personal opinion ruined the anime when it COULD have been something halfway decent. For another, as already stated, Pikachu isn't even a big part of the modern games. It has a few vague cameos here and there but that's about it. I'm not counting the spinoffs, of course.

How would you make a mascot Pokemon that is continually a "big part" of the games, though? The format pretty much prevents it.
#18Nerwrax15Posted 2/12/2013 1:02:46 PM
Iced_Shadows posted...

I don't understand what you mean having a big part in modern games. He didn't have a "big" part back in the first games either. Unless you want Pikachu to be your starter in every single game, what kind of part would you give it? Its the mascot, not the central focus. It has to share the spotlight with countless other pokemon.
---
NaughtyGhost, my fav person on gamefaqs. Props+forever=http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv335/NaughtyGhostGuy/may.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nerwrax15
#19Rose_MagePosted 2/12/2013 1:05:01 PM
I don't see why not.
---
R ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress, Official Beth of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board, Official DEOXYS fan of the Pokemon board
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l