This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ok, how about this Ninfia theory.

#1HardHorseJamPosted 2/12/2013 12:58:09 PM
Ninfia sounds a bit like Leafia which was Leafeon. Ninfu translates from Japanese as nymph which is why everyone thinks it'll be called Nympheon.

"In biology, a nymph is the immature form of some invertebrates, particularly insects"... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymph_(biology)

Bug type to be confirmed?

If that is the reason for the name, then it is a very cool name indeed.
#2Iced_ShadowsPosted 2/12/2013 1:00:09 PM
This has been discussed a thousand times already. Tons of people refusing to believe or accept it for no particular reason... and yet there are people who think it will be a Dragon type for absolutely no reason.

*shrug* I think Bug is a likely candidate. I'm personally still leaning toward Flying judging by the looks alone, though.
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#3SlimeStackPosted 2/12/2013 1:01:17 PM
A nymph can also be a spirit. Which can loosely be associated with normal I guess.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#4NekuXeroPosted 2/12/2013 1:03:01 PM
If it was bug type it would have wings, more than 4 feet and/or 4 eyes. It is most likely flying type.
---
(...D-Do I really inspire this sort of frothing desire from the female masses?)
#5xLinkkuPosted 2/12/2013 1:03:54 PM
Ninfia is totally going to be Normal...
---
Official Fennekin of the Pokemon X/Y boards
3DS FC: Bryan 4296-3998-3033
#6Pale_HeartPosted 2/12/2013 1:04:03 PM
I still think it's Poison
#7JacornonthecobPosted 2/12/2013 1:04:07 PM
By looks alone, it looks like a Normal type and pretty much nothing else (except maybe Dragon because Dragons never really make much sense). Nymph is more commonly known as a female sprite, which seems to apply to Ninfia much more, since it's so light and pretty looking. There's basically nothing at all to suggest that it will be bug. I'm going with Normal, possibly Dragon, or else something new.
#8jayman7Posted 2/12/2013 1:07:26 PM
I came up with the possibility of bug-type when I looked at the ribbon in the Eevee short's title yesterday, and "Nympheon" after we learned the name but didn't see the proper picture yet. The butterfly-shaped ribbon on its head also curls around its head, resembling antennae. With no stronger evidence, I agree that Bug really does look most likely.

NekuXero posted...
If it was bug type it would have wings,

Lots of bugs don't have wings.

more than 4 feet

I think they wanted to keep it mammalian because it does, in fact, evolve from Eevee.

and/or 4 eyes.

... Bugs have four eyes now?

Compound eyes are a bunch of really little eyes in one, but I'm pretty sure all insects I know of still only have two of them.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#9Iced_ShadowsPosted 2/12/2013 1:08:05 PM
NekuXero posted...
If it was bug type it would have wings, more than 4 feet and/or 4 eyes. It is most likely flying type.

Are you... serious?

I guess Accelgor, Armaldo, Escavalier, Forretress, Pinsir, and Wormadam aren't bug-types. And that's ignoring not fully evolved bug types...
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#10SakurafanboyPosted 2/12/2013 1:08:29 PM
SlimeStack posted...
A nymph can also be a spirit. Which can loosely be associated with normal I guess.

a woodland spirit, yes. Woodland. Bugs live in en mass in woods. Nymphs can be related to bugs in that way as they're about the nature and environment of said forest. So Nympheon would have nothing else to be but bug at that point (Seeing as grass was already taken). I don't see a new type happening.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!