This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ok, how about this Ninfia theory.

#11BountyanPosted 2/12/2013 1:19:51 PM(edited)
I don't think it's bug. If it was they would have made it painfully obvious like...every other Eeveelution. And nothing about it really screams bug type except for its bows sorta kinda looking like butterflies, which isn't enough. And why would it randomly be pink when every other Eeveelution's color is the same usually associated with its type?

Still leaning towards Normal type. Hell, I even think Dragon type is more likely because of the fangs and red/blue color scheme (every other Eeveelutions' color scheme is tied closely to its type, and look at the colors of the Dragon type indicator box). Plus, it'd keep the pattern of every Eeveelution having a "special" type rather than physical.

Bug doesn't have enough evidence going for it compared to the other theories if you ask me.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#12JacornonthecobPosted 2/12/2013 1:13:19 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
SlimeStack posted...
A nymph can also be a spirit. Which can loosely be associated with normal I guess.

a woodland spirit, yes. Woodland. Bugs live in en mass in woods. Nymphs can be related to bugs in that way as they're about the nature and environment of said forest. So Nympheon would have nothing else to be but bug at that point (Seeing as grass was already taken). I don't see a new type happening.

A woodland spirit, but also a water spirit, sky spirit, ground spirit, or basically any kind of spirit you could think of. Basically just another name for faeries. Sorry!

I really don't think it's bug. I mean, yeah, the bows look butterfly shaped, but pretty much everything about it screams "faerie" over "baby bug" to me. I mean, guys, it's furry. And pink. And sparkly. And has a magical wind keeping it's streamers up.
#13NekuXeroPosted 2/12/2013 1:13:33 PM
jayman7
Iced_Shadows

I was thinking about bug-like features that could work with eevee, not bug pokemon in general :/
---
(...D-Do I really inspire this sort of frothing desire from the female masses?)
#14JacornonthecobPosted 2/12/2013 1:15:01 PM
Wait, is Ninfia the only one with fangs? That would definitely support dragon. Also it's mystical glow, fiery attack, and colors.
#15SakurafanboyPosted 2/12/2013 1:20:07 PM
Jacornonthecob posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
SlimeStack posted...
A nymph can also be a spirit. Which can loosely be associated with normal I guess.

a woodland spirit, yes. Woodland. Bugs live in en mass in woods. Nymphs can be related to bugs in that way as they're about the nature and environment of said forest. So Nympheon would have nothing else to be but bug at that point (Seeing as grass was already taken). I don't see a new type happening.

A woodland spirit, but also a water spirit, sky spirit, ground spirit, or basically any kind of spirit you could think of. Basically just another name for faeries. Sorry!

I really don't think it's bug. I mean, yeah, the bows look butterfly shaped, but pretty much everything about it screams "faerie" over "baby bug" to me. I mean, guys, it's furry. And pink. And sparkly. And has a magical wind keeping it's streamers up.

Just because its body doesn't scream bug doesn't mean its not a bug-type. I very much doubt they'd want to completely change Eevee's evolutions from fox to something else entirely. In that logic, do you think we'll never get a flying type since it'd need to sprout wings and soar the skies? Or a dragon because it'd need to develop scales and breathe fire?

The build of the body isn't necessarily what determines what type the pokemon is or isn't. A bug-type could just be a pokemon that can utilize bug features, like spinning webs and such. It doesn't need the physical features of said bugs.

So for all we know, its a ****ing ground or rock type. Its all up to what GameFreak wants it to be. I'm just saying, don't discredit a theory so easily. I just don't see it being a flying type myself, but I do admit there is a possibility of it. The only thing I'm strongly against is a new type entirely.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#16JacornonthecobPosted 2/12/2013 1:26:08 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Jacornonthecob posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
SlimeStack posted...

Just because its body doesn't scream bug doesn't mean its not a bug-type. I very much doubt they'd want to completely change Eevee's evolutions from fox to something else entirely. In that logic, do you think we'll never get a flying type since it'd need to sprout wings and soar the skies? Or a dragon because it'd need to develop scales and breathe fire?

The build of the body isn't necessarily what determines what type the pokemon is or isn't. A bug-type could just be a pokemon that can utilize bug features, like spinning webs and such. It doesn't need the physical features of said bugs.

So for all we know, its a ****ing ground or rock type. Its all up to what GameFreak wants it to be. I'm just saying, don't discredit a theory so easily. I just don't see it being a flying type myself, but I do admit there is a possibility of it. The only thing I'm strongly against is a new type entirely.

Well, from what I've seen, they could (and might have) done a flying type by making parts of it resemble a kite. And I'm not sure what you were trying to get at with the dragon thing. Flareon breathes fire, and Vaporeon has scales. And while I'm not expecting it to grow six legs or a stinger or anything like that, you'd think they'd do something other than put bows on it. It could just as easily be ground or rock, but that doesn't mean it's likely. It COULD be bug, but there's absolutely nothing to suggest it is, and I'd go so far as to say that something like ground or steel would actually be more likely, because Ninfia pretty much looks like the exact opposite of a bug.
#17_Shadownite_Posted 2/12/2013 2:17:51 PM
Iced_Shadows posted...
This has been discussed a thousand times already. Tons of people refusing to believe or accept it for no particular reason... and yet there are people who think it will be a Dragon type for absolutely no reason.

The rationale behind the Dragon-Type theory is that, until now, every eeveelution has been a type that was categorized as 'special' prior to Gen IV. Dragon is the only type left that fits that guideline.

Personally, I'm leaning towards Bug or Normal for Ninfia.
#18JacornonthecobPosted 2/12/2013 2:21:55 PM
_Shadownite_ posted...
Iced_Shadows posted...
This has been discussed a thousand times already. Tons of people refusing to believe or accept it for no particular reason... and yet there are people who think it will be a Dragon type for absolutely no reason.

The rationale behind the Dragon-Type theory is that, until now, every eeveelution has been a type that was categorized as 'special' prior to Gen IV. Dragon is the only type left that fits that guideline.
Personally, I'm leaning towards Bug or Normal for Ninfia.

As a person who thinks Dragon is about fourth most likely (behind Flying, Normal, and something new), I'd also add that its coloration fits with dragon typing. Also, its floating ribbons and shiny coloration seem to lend to an idea of being a mythic being, which is supported by its name. As much as I think it's a Flying type, the idea of being a Nymph lends to dragon or normal the most out of currently existing types.
#19leopoldsharkPosted 2/12/2013 2:29:08 PM
Isn't Ninfia Theory the developer that made DmC: Dodrio May Cry?
#20SirPiercePosted 2/12/2013 2:53:22 PM
By looks alone...Bug or Flying.

By "special" types...Dragon.

By secretive type revelation...New Type.
---
NNID - Aerontar.
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.