This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Another Ninfia topic (link, and new info.)

#21SlimeStackPosted 2/12/2013 2:27:20 PM
I think they're just placing emphasis on the type question because type is a significant feature of an Eeveelution and there isn't much else to talk about yet.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#22Rogue MuttPosted 2/12/2013 2:29:47 PM
SlimeStack posted...
I think they're just placing emphasis on the type question because type is a significant feature of an Eeveelution and there isn't much else to talk about yet.

I could see that, especially considering most of the other text is focused on the other eeveelutions and their types.
---
We're here! We play Pokemon! Get used to it!
#23JacornonthecobPosted 2/12/2013 2:32:04 PM
RE4everMK posted...
This looks NOT official.

But it's the most reliable option.

- Not similar to Eevee: no Normal. EDIT: Also THAT EYES???
- No wings: no Flying.
- Smiling and cute, with ribbons and lights around him: no Fighting/Dragon.

Ground? Steel? Bug? Ghost? Poison? Rock? No, no, no, no, no, no...

I don't necessarily disagree that it could be a new type, but your reasoning is all kinds of awful.
-Doesn't need to be similar to Eevee. Its name suggests that its based on a sprite or faerie, and a decent amount of the Fairy egg group consists of pink normal types. As of now, Normal seems to be the go-to type for fairy stuff.
-Even ignoring its comparisons to kites, the way its ribbons shift in different pictures suggest that they're moving in something like a wind. Also, its eyes look like the sky for what its worth. Furthermore, in line with the normal idea, a lot of Fairy egg group Pokemon are flying, and some don't even have wings, like Jumpluff.
-Umbreon is kind of cute too, and its Dark type. Dragon is supported by its coloration, display of teeth, and the same kind of "magical floating ribbons" thing, along with the fact that its the last special type for what its worth. Dragon pokemon like the Dratini line (especially Dragonair) share some characteristics with Ninfia.
-Totally agree about the rest of the types though.
#24Sad_FacePosted 2/12/2013 2:32:37 PM
But there's nothing like that in the source code...

Do they really think people aren't capable of checking source code and will just believe that crap?

True, the Wii U virtual console was leaked through source code and there was a picture to prove it. I looked on the American site but didn't see anything (though I didn't finish looking at the entire code.), so I'm hard pressed to believe also.
#25surferguy7Posted 2/12/2013 2:40:28 PM
Fake.

Game Freak would never acknowledge Dark/Fighting/Psychic as a trio because it's not a goddamn trio.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#26jayman7Posted 2/12/2013 2:50:09 PM(edited)
surferguy7 posted...
Fake.

Game Freak would never acknowledge Dark/Fighting/Psychic as a trio because it's not a goddamn trio.

They already have. Check out the triple/rotation battles in Opelucid City in Black and White 1. Though the two switch teams between the two games (which really only strengthens the point a little), one has a Fire-type, a Water-type, and a Grass-type (specifically, Simisear, Simipour, and Simisage), while the other has a Fighting-type, a Dark-type, and a Psychic-type (Mienfoo, Pawniard, and Elgyem.)

I've said this before and it's like no one ever seems to notice.

And really, what makes a trio a trio? If it's all double damage in one direction and all half damage in the other, then don't you realize that that makes Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise not a trio? Sceptile, Blaziken, and Swampert not a trio? And don't even get me started on Torterra, Infernape, and Empoleon.

The far more accepted one is that X beats Y beats Z beats X. Who cares about the degree? Paper covers Rock, which is insanely lame compared with Rock smashing Scissors... but that doesn't change the fact that Paper beats Rock and Rock beats Scissors.

But yeah, this is more than likely fake. Just not for that reason.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#27OldDirtyCRPosted 2/12/2013 3:55:17 PM
RE4everMK posted...
This looks NOT official.

But it's the most reliable option.

- Not similar to Eevee: no Normal. EDIT: Also THAT EYES???
- No wings: no Flying.
- Smiling and cute, with ribbons and lights around him: no Fighting/Dragon.

Ground? Steel? Bug? Ghost? Poison? Rock? No, no, no, no, no, no...

um what? None of the eevelutions have any resemblance to eevee. Some even change animal species.

Why would normal be any different? I can't wait to drink the tears of everyone who is trying so hard to think it's not going to be normal.
---
Official husband of Skyla.
#28squdgyPosted 2/12/2013 4:08:25 PM
Pardon me if I'm missing something, but how could Dragon/Steel/"Light" become a trio?

Steel resists Dragon, but it's not strong against Dragon. That means it would have to be strong against "Light". But then what is Dragon strong against? Certainly not Steel.
---
http://i.imgur.com/5FB9XOJ.gif
#29BassGSXPosted 2/12/2013 4:10:36 PM
So they took Victini's face and glowed it on this thing's body?
#30OldDirtyCRPosted 2/12/2013 4:46:21 PM
squdgy posted...
Pardon me if I'm missing something, but how could Dragon/Steel/"Light" become a trio?

Steel resists Dragon, but it's not strong against Dragon. That means it would have to be strong against "Light". But then what is Dragon strong against? Certainly not Steel.

You are correct.
---
Official husband of Skyla.