This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The deer trio was awesome, then I saw Keldeo the MLP reject. :/

#41HalecticPosted 2/12/2013 5:12:14 PM
Except it is not the Deer trio it is the Muskateers
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#42ArethaiPosted 2/12/2013 5:17:05 PM
Oh, MLP:FiM, you are beautifully drama-inducing.
#43Octaivian_RexPosted 2/12/2013 5:33:27 PM
Cobalion ruins the deer trio.
---
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4489/actuallyworks.gif
#44MinamoPosted 2/12/2013 6:09:33 PM
ecylis posted...
Catcher_Freeman posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
MLP is terrible and its fans are terrible too.

Objective truth to save the day.

ftfy

Most of MLP's fans aren't bad.

Only a vocal minority of them are.

I haven't met one that I haven't wanted to strangle, unless they were absolutely 100% private about it to the extent that I'd have no idea if they liked it or not.

It's a fanbase that loves a show about friendship. I'm pretty sure the problem lies with your attitude rather than their actions.
#45GiftedACIIIPosted 2/12/2013 6:14:44 PM
This topic is funny because its taking place on a POKEMON board. People can't see the hypocrites that they are, can they? I don't watch MLP but nothing is more ironic and funnier than POKEMON fanboys trying to act superior over something. They're blind to the fact that Pokemon is considered as infantile as MLP is considered girly to people who aren't part of their respective fanbases.

wufei8706 posted...

Yes because DBZ was meant for 5 year old girls.

Pokemon is targeted to 7 year old casual children.
#46RunebogglePosted 2/12/2013 6:15:15 PM
It's a fanbase that loves a show about friendship. I'm pretty sure the problem lies with your attitude rather than their actions.

Yup.

Vocal minority gives us a bad name, though.
---
Si || A third had died in his bunk of natural causes--for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.
#47squdgyPosted 2/12/2013 6:18:18 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
This topic is funny because its taking place on a POKEMON board. People can't see the hypocrites that they are, can they? I don't watch MLP but nothing is more ironic and funnier than POKEMON fanboys trying to act superior over something. They're blind to the fact that Pokemon is considered as infantile as MLP is considered girly to people who aren't part of their respective fanbases.

wufei8706 posted...

No it isn't, at least not primarily. Think of the competitive scene and competitions nintendo hosts. A f***ing 7 year old couldn't wrap their mind around everything they'd need to to be competitive. Clearly they're aiming at an older audience on that side of things. Which is to say half of the game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/5FB9XOJ.gif
#48ClassyOldHatPosted 2/12/2013 6:24:56 PM
squdgy posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

wufei8706 posted...

No it isn't, at least not primarily. Think of the competitive scene and competitions nintendo hosts. A f***ing 7 year old couldn't wrap their mind around everything they'd need to to be competitive. Clearly they're aiming at an older audience on that side of things. Which is to say half of the game.

No, kids are very much the game's target audience. Why do you think that EVs remain hidden, even in post-game areas like the Battle Tower/Subway/Frontier, where they are all but essential to win. Nobody was supposed to know about any of it, but after Game Freak realized people knew, they started offering small consolations to this tiny fragment of the total fanbase.
#49GiftedACIIIPosted 2/12/2013 6:29:19 PM
squdgy posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

wufei8706 posted...

Yeah, they're only aiming at an older audience for the COMPETITIVE scenes. Anything below that are completely targeted for children... which is what 99% of the players do. Less than 1% of the fanbase are in competitive and less in the official tournaments..

And that excuse exists for almost every game. Any "children's" game will have mechanics that only good gamers/hackers know about, it still means they were targeted for children. None of Pokemon's stuff like IVs and EVs are even told inside the game (until recently) and required internet and hacking access to know. Pokemon is still primarily and almost completely targeted for children and anyone whos not a blind fanboy can see that.

As a final note, I could know all the Pokemon's typing and the type chart plus simple things like STAB when I was 7 and things like EVs and IVs when I was 10
#50MinamoPosted 2/12/2013 6:45:43 PM(edited)
Runeboggle posted...

Yup.

Vocal minority gives us a bad name, though.

Every single fanbase of every single product ever created has a awkward vocal minority. Not a valid excuse to hate something.