This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Eevee will evolve to Ninfia with this:

#21BountyanPosted 2/12/2013 4:00:20 PM(edited)
Dreamsaber posted...
pmackinnon posted...
Seeing as the Prism Scale already exists, I doubt it.
Ancient Power existed before Sinnoh.

But the Pokemon that evolve via Ancient Power couldn't learn it before Sinnoh. No contradiction.

It's extremely unlikely it's going to evolve with an old item.

OldDirtyCR posted...

That doesn't break continuity.

Pokemon magically getting baby forms even though they didn't have them the previous gen doesn't break continuity? Why didn't my pikachu hatch as a pichu in red?

>hatch
>red

Are you friggin kidding me? Also notice how EVERY SINGLE pre-evolution introduced after the fact requires some new item to be held for that Pokemon to come out of the egg. Hm, sure is a strange coincidence they're going out of their way for there to be no contradictions!
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#22EnferolunosPosted 2/12/2013 4:00:01 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...

Pokemon magically getting baby forms even though they didn't have them the previous gen doesn't break continuity? Why didn't my pikachu hatch as a pichu in red? They retconned steel/dark types (originally they were newly discovered, but they retconned it to make it that they always existed). Two pokemon already break this "rule" as stated before.

Anyways, I'm guessing it'll be an area specific evolution. Maybe something to do with whatever beauty contest type crap they throw into the game this time. They seem to be moving away from stone evolutions in favor of more involved methods.

There wasn't breeding the previous gen
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#23DreamsaberPosted 2/12/2013 4:01:17 PM
Bountyan posted...
But the Pokemon that evolve via Ancient Power couldn't learn it before Sinnoh. No contradiction.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Piloswine_(Pok%C3%A9mon)/Generation_II_learnset
---
You opened a debate, and I'll be damned if you're not going to finish it. ~smashbrother3
#24BountyanPosted 2/12/2013 4:02:35 PM
Dreamsaber posted...
Bountyan posted...
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Piloswine_(Pok%C3%A9mon)/Generation_II_learnset

Ok, ONE exception to the rule out of the other tons of evolutions of pre-evolutions that don't break the rule. Still extremely unlikely.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#25DreamsaberPosted 2/12/2013 4:05:27 PM
Bountyan posted...
Ok, ONE exception to the rule out of the other tons of evolutions of pre-evolutions that don't break the rule. Still extremely unlikely.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lickitung_(Pok%C3%A9mon)/Generation_II_learnset

Dat TM04.
---
You opened a debate, and I'll be damned if you're not going to finish it. ~smashbrother3
#26xPhoenixWrightxPosted 2/12/2013 4:10:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#27OldDirtyCRPosted 2/12/2013 4:41:35 PM
Enferolunos posted...
OldDirtyCR posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...

Pokemon magically getting baby forms even though they didn't have them the previous gen doesn't break continuity? Why didn't my pikachu hatch as a pichu in red? They retconned steel/dark types (originally they were newly discovered, but they retconned it to make it that they always existed). Two pokemon already break this "rule" as stated before.

Anyways, I'm guessing it'll be an area specific evolution. Maybe something to do with whatever beauty contest type crap they throw into the game this time. They seem to be moving away from stone evolutions in favor of more involved methods.

There wasn't breeding the previous gen

Yeah I derpped on that. Definitely my bad.

Still confused as to why people clamor to these "rules" that are entirely fanmade and have exceptions. I personally think it'll be an area evolution, but it annoys the hell out of me when people try to claim their fanmade ideas as rules. Such as the "improved" version being a single game. B2/W2 crushed that "rule".

Using past data is a great tactic to predict what GameFreak might do, but there is still no guarantee. It is not a rule. It's a theory at most.
---
Official husband of Skyla.
#28pmackinnonPosted 2/12/2013 4:43:38 PM
Bountyan posted...
OldDirtyCR posted...
Pokemon magically getting baby forms even though they didn't have them the previous gen doesn't break continuity? Why didn't my pikachu hatch as a pichu in red?

>hatch
>red

Are you friggin kidding me?

I'm literally dying of laughter.
---
hee hee hee
Official Natu of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#29OldDirtyCRPosted 2/12/2013 4:55:00 PM
pmackinnon posted...
Bountyan posted...
OldDirtyCR posted...

>hatch
>red

Are you friggin kidding me?

I'm literally dying of laughter.

You should probably lay off the Doritos then. Don't want you to get a heart attack from getting too worked up :(
---
Official husband of Skyla.
#30luigi_master29Posted 2/12/2013 5:20:45 PM(edited)
OldDirtyCR posted...
Where did they say this exactly? Is this one of those things that fans just assumed based on what has happened? Or did Gamefreak actually state this?

Maybe I should make a list of the countless things that people assumed were "rules" of pokemon design/releases and then were changed up by GameFreak.

It's pretty obvious that GameFreak try to avoid evolving old Pokemon with methods that were previously available. There are only two out of how many that break this trend.

OldDirtyCR posted...

Breeding & genders were a new mechanic added in Gen2, so that excuses why Pichu & co., were only available in Gen2. There was no possible way to get them in Gen1. I suggest you look up all the baby Pokemon introduced from Gen3 onward. The only way to acquire say Azurill, is by breeding Marill/Azumarill while holding the Sea Incense. And, surprise-surprise, that item wasn't introduced until Gen3 when Azurill showed up. Same goes for the other 8 baby Pokemon introduced post-Gen2. Each associated with an incense that wasn't available until they were introduced.

So, I think we have much more reason to believe Eevee will evolve into Ninfia using a new item, location, mechanic, etc., than via a Dawn Stone or something.

OldDirtyCR posted...
Yeah I derpped on that. Definitely my bad.

Still confused as to why people clamor to these "rules" that are entirely fanmade and have exceptions. I personally think it'll be an area evolution, but it annoys the hell out of me when people try to claim their fanmade ideas as rules. Such as the "improved" version being a single game. B2/W2 crushed that "rule".

Using past data is a great tactic to predict what GameFreak might do, but there is still no guarantee. It is not a rule. It's a theory at most.

Because it's easier to make predictions using models instead of just assuming everything happens randomly and has equal probability of happening. Anyway, avoiding retcons with new evolutions/pre-evolutions is a pretty legitimate "rule"/guideline to follow.
---
RIP MGO :(
PSN: Lucky_29