This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Semi-controversial idea, but...

#1ytrewq234Posted 2/12/2013 3:50:38 PM
I got an idea a while ago. It will almost certainly never happen and a lot of people would complain about it, but nonetheless, I'll just throw it out there.

Homosexual Pokemon.

On rare occasion (1/150 or so) a wild Pokemon will have a red male symbol or a blue female symbol. This indicates homosexuality, which causes two major changes:
1. The effects of gender in-battle are reversed, ie. it can only be infatuated by another of its gender.
2. More notably is the effect on the daycare. If two homosexual Pokemon of the same gender and egg group are left in the daycare, an egg will still be found. However, it will not be their own. The egg is "adopted" and can be any Pokemon of the parents' shared egg group. Some priority is given to version-exclusive Pokemon unobtainable in the version being played, if any exist.

No, this is not a joke topic or a troll topic, this is an idea I've legitimately thought about quite a bit.
---
The awkward moment when someone's hand actually is bigger than their face.
#2wingblade98Posted 2/12/2013 3:51:45 PM
*makes popcorn*
---
*is wearing jerk badge*
level 32 get!
#3FuneralCakePosted 2/12/2013 3:52:22 PM
There's really no reason why this should happen.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
http://i.imgur.com/oMfaqni.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Hmo0Oia.jpg
#4westontickleePosted 2/12/2013 3:52:49 PM
wingblade98 posted...
*makes popcorn*

*steals popcorn for me and Jiggs*
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell
#5SalsaSavantPosted 2/12/2013 3:54:14 PM
While homosexuality IS displayed in some intellegent animals, there is no way in which this would improve the game, and would only exist to be politically correct.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#6CM_PonchPosted 2/12/2013 3:56:07 PM
. More notably is the effect on the daycare. If two homosexual Pokemon of the same gender and egg group are left in the daycare, an egg will still be found. However, it will not be their own. The egg is "adopted" and can be any Pokemon of the parents' shared egg group. Some priority is given to version-exclusive Pokemon unobtainable in the version being played, if any exist.

lol no.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#7squdgyPosted 2/12/2013 3:58:22 PM
ytrewq234 posted...
I got an idea a while ago. It will almost certainly never happen and a lot of people would complain about it, but nonetheless, I'll just throw it out there.

Homosexual Pokemon.

On rare occasion (1/150 or so) a wild Pokemon will have a red male symbol or a blue female symbol. This indicates homosexuality, which causes two major changes:
1. The effects of gender in-battle are reversed, ie. it can only be infatuated by another of its gender.
2. More notably is the effect on the daycare. If two homosexual Pokemon of the same gender and egg group are left in the daycare, an egg will still be found. However, it will not be their own. The egg is "adopted" and can be any Pokemon of the parents' shared egg group. Some priority is given to version-exclusive Pokemon unobtainable in the version being played, if any exist.

No, this is not a joke topic or a troll topic, this is an idea I've legitimately thought about quite a bit.

Does not compute.
---
http://i.imgur.com/5FB9XOJ.gif
#8EnferolunosPosted 2/12/2013 4:00:42 PM
No
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#9LenneValkiryePosted 2/12/2013 4:01:49 PM
Nintendo isn't going to include a mechanic that would horribly hurt the sales in the West (and perhaps even in Japan) just to please a minority.
#10MetaFalconPunchPosted 2/12/2013 4:02:27 PM
westonticklee posted...
wingblade98 posted...
*makes popcorn*

*steals popcorn for me and Jiggs*

*shares popcorn*

Butter?
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. Kraid: (steps on you)