This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I too old to enjoy Pokemon?

#61Infernus93Posted 2/12/2013 6:23:40 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
Infernus93 posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
Why do people not realize its because you started the franchise as a childhood and thus is a weaven part of your personality that is the reason why YOU can still enjoy the franchise as an adult.

I dunno. Might have something to do with it not being a fact.

I've got a friend who cracked jokes about the series for years. He'd never played, and always thought it looked dumb. He recently tried out Heart Gold. Hooked.

Didn't say it was always the case. Just that people shouldn't barge in saying they've been playing for years and still play it when a big factor in them still playing it is BECAUSE they've played it for years thus are fans.

This is a newcomer to Pokemon so it could go either way like all franchises do.

You didn't, it was just the way that part of your post was worded that garnered that response from me. Other than that, I agree with you; someone coming into the series for the first time shouldn't go out and buy four games to get "the whole experience."

Especially when the games are pretty isolated amongst themselves.
---
I like Monster Rancher.
#62dbzbadman06Posted 2/12/2013 6:27:16 PM
I've been playing since the red/blue days and I was 13/14 back then. I'm going on 29 this year, and after skipping my first generation in Black/White, I will most definitely be picking up X or Y.
---
3DS fc: 3308-4762-2086
Name: Todd
#63IngSlayerPosted 2/12/2013 6:33:11 PM
sortajan posted...
why do these "am i too old" topics keep showing up on the front page, over and over again?

Blithering idiots, "troll" or not.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#64scrappybristolPosted 2/12/2013 6:35:32 PM
Fun is a relative term.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#65overmaxxPosted 2/12/2013 6:38:49 PM
You are still in high school most likely.

Those questions will go away soon once you become an adult and you realize people are individuals and what they do in their free time is strictly their business.
#66vanguard29Posted 2/12/2013 6:48:50 PM
IngSlayer posted...
OH MY GOD. WHO THE **** CARES?

and we have a winner. i hate to sound cliche, but you aint got time to not do s*** you want to do. if you want to play pokemon, do it.

if you want to create a thread getting a bunch of 20 years old to say they still like pokemon, you have succeeded. i still have my yellow in my gc, always ready to go.
---
Official Kisame Hoshigaki of the UNS3 board.
Official Hei of the nonexistant DTB board.
#67Flaktrooper123Posted 2/12/2013 6:59:37 PM
I am 26, and still playing sometimes
#68OhHeyltsYouPosted 2/12/2013 7:14:24 PM(edited)
You're not even an adult yet, or out of high school for that matter. Why would you bother asking this question?
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#69RolandHazotoPosted 2/12/2013 7:25:25 PM
I'll be 27 this year and I created the Perfect Platinum, Perfect Heart, and Perfect Soul mods.
I also restarted Heart Gold last week cuz I suddenly felt like playing it.
Age is too unimportant anymore. (outside of legal situations of course)
#70cancerstormPosted 2/12/2013 7:31:20 PM
i'm in middle school am i too old for pokeman??????????
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg