This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really hope Ninfia has a male counterpart.

#11SakurafanboyPosted 2/12/2013 6:47:51 PM
Why can't Ninfia be normal again?

oh right, sexism.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#12thisguy12(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 6:51:46 PM
Burning_Breeze posted...
It's okay to have a different opinion :) but I just get a little impatient with the whole masculine/feminine thing. Do you have a problem with female Mr. Mime? Female Conkeldurr? Machamp? Male Mienshao? It's okay for men to be "feminine", and women to be "masculine", and your discomfort with the possibility of a feminine male pokemon just upsets me a tiny bit.

I'm not outraged, nor am I saying that you should feel bad, I just want everyone to really think about why it matters and then consider whether or not it should continue to matter.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if they did make this evolution gender specific, but I'd be happier if it wasn't.

Sorry if my topic was upsetting to you. Your comment was just a bit blunt.
It's perfectly fine for men to be "feminine" and vice versa, although gallade, who is clearly masculine, can only evolve as a male, so gender roles matter in pokemon.
I don't want you to gain the impression that I dislike Nenfia just because of its feminism, i just thought eevee gender differences would be unique. :)
#13Burning_BreezePosted 2/12/2013 6:56:37 PM
thisguy12 posted...
Burning_Breeze posted...
It's okay to have a different opinion :) but I just get a little impatient with the whole masculine/feminine thing. Do you have a problem with female Mr. Mime? Female Conkeldurr? Machamp? Male Mienshao? It's okay for men to be "feminine", and women to be "masculine", and your discomfort with the possibility of a feminine male pokemon just upsets me a tiny bit.

I'm not outraged, nor am I saying that you should feel bad, I just want everyone to really think about why it matters and then consider whether or not it should continue to matter.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if they did make this evolution gender specific, but I'd be happier if it wasn't.

Sorry if my topic was upsetting to you. Your comment was just a bit blunt.
It's perfectly fine for men to be "feminine" and vice versa, although gallade, who is clearly masculine, can only evolve as a male, so gender roles matter in pokemon.
I don't want you to gain the impression that I dislike Nenfia just because of its feminism, i just thought eevee gender differences would be unique. :)

True enough, from a gameplay mechanics standpoint, it is unique, but I guess I'm just a little sensitive to this kind of thing.
---
Our divided brothers we slay