This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This essay got me $5000 in repeated scholarships for college.. Thanks Pokemon

#1superwailordPosted 2/12/2013 5:57:16 PM
In my life, I had many people, places, and activities shape me into who I am today. I have lived all over the country, travelled the world, and seen many places that some can only dream of seeing. My friends and family supported my passions and ideas, encouraging me to pursue my dreams. Music, soccer, and band have strongly influenced me to chase a career in Music Education. Yet as a young boy, things people would never expect often influenced me, such as the videogame and television series called Pokémon.
In 1998 the world of Pokémon became an instantaneous classic in North America. Originally featured in Japan, it was two years before it became accessible in other languages. The game sparked the television show, with its main protagonist Ash Ketchum and his loyal partner, Pikachu. Although the franchise is targeted specifically to younger generations, the series offers many positive virtues, such as chasing your dream and striving to be the best, which are often overlooked by critics of the gaming industry.
In the television show, Ash Ketchum sets off at age ten to pursue his dream of becoming a Pokémon master. In order to do this, he travels the region and obtains eight badges that allow him access to the Indigo Plateau, home of the prestigious Pokémon League. However, the League proves too much for him, and Ash loses, very close to obtaining his goal. At first he is disheartened, but soon hears of another region with another League. His dream sparked once more, he moves to capture it once again. The cartoon exhibits the lifelong ideology that determination, persistence, and hard work will yield its benefits, as Ash wins the Championship in the next season.
“The very best” is a phrase often heard in the theme of each Pokémon season. The games continue even after you have captured all of the available Pokémon and defeated the League. Some people may see this as pointless, but the game inadvertently teaches many to continue to strive to be the best that they can be, essentially saying that the journey never ends. There will always be opponents to battle, adversity to overcome, and new places to explore. Those satisfied with the bare minimum of the game will miss this life lesson; those with a passion for the things they care for will continue to push forward, to go above and beyond, and to exert the force necessary in order to come up on top.
An odd source of inspiration and influence, Pokémon has taught me basic moral values that I continue to live by. Music is my passion, much like Pokémon are Ash Ketchum’s passion. I long for nothing more than to teach younger children about music, which has pulled me through so many hardships. My friends and family have always been behind me, encouraging me to practice and achieve all I can be. Although Pokémon is a children’s game, it taught me that “I want to be the very best.”
---
W FC: 4642 7634 9083
B2 FC: 2581 1113 4135 W2 FC: 3912 6547 3607
#2pmackinnonPosted 2/12/2013 5:57:27 PM
tldr
---
hee hee hee
Official Natu of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#3HemerukioPosted 2/12/2013 6:01:29 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly9fswWJwX1qfaknl.gif
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nh9mNfm11rnkfgmo1_500.jpg
Gen 5 FemAce is mai waifu.
#4bdavis93Posted 2/12/2013 6:01:49 PM
With formatting like there there is no way you got any kind of scholarship, troll topic or not.
#5GiftedACIIIPosted 2/12/2013 6:02:09 PM
I wrote a better essay than that when I was in 5th grade. Sure hope college hasn't dropped to this level of easy acceptance.
#6FryDays5000Posted 2/12/2013 6:03:43 PM
$5,000 yeah not believin it one bit
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076
#7OcarinaofToastPosted 2/12/2013 6:05:54 PM
Hemerukio posted...
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly9fswWJwX1qfaknl.gif

This.

Congratulations man =^_^=
---
R.I.P. MovesLikeJabba who died at the hand of the mods-November 29, 2012~January 17, 2013
HAIL DRAGO NATION! IT'S WALUIGI TIME!!!
#8MetaFalconPunchPosted 2/12/2013 6:07:18 PM
superwailord posted...
In my life, I had many people, places, and activities shape me into who I am today. I have lived all over the country, travelled the world, and seen many places that some can only dream of seeing. My friends and family supported my passions and ideas, encouraging me to pursue my dreams. Music, soccer, and band have strongly influenced me to chase a career in Music Education. Yet as a young boy, things people would never expect often influenced me, such as the videogame and television series called Pokémon.
In 1998 the world of Pokémon became an instantaneous classic in North America. Originally featured in Japan, it was two years before it became accessible in other languages. The game sparked the television show, with its main protagonist Ash Ketchum and his loyal partner, Pikachu. Although the franchise is targeted specifically to younger generations, the series offers many positive virtues, such as chasing your dream and striving to be the best, which are often overlooked by critics of the gaming industry.
In the television show, Ash Ketchum sets off at age ten to pursue his dream of becoming a Pokémon master. In order to do this, he travels the region and obtains eight badges that allow him access to the Indigo Plateau, home of the prestigious Pokémon League. However, the League proves too much for him, and Ash loses, very close to obtaining his goal. At first he is disheartened, but soon hears of another region with another League. His dream sparked once more, he moves to capture it once again. The cartoon exhibits the lifelong ideology that determination, persistence, and hard work will yield its benefits, as Ash wins the Championship in the next season.
“The very best” is a phrase often heard in the theme of each Pokémon season. The games continue even after you have captured all of the available Pokémon and defeated the League. Some people may see this as pointless, but the game inadvertently teaches many to continue to strive to be the best that they can be, essentially saying that the journey never ends. There will always be opponents to battle, adversity to overcome, and new places to explore. Those satisfied with the bare minimum of the game will miss this life lesson; those with a passion for the things they care for will continue to push forward, to go above and beyond, and to exert the force necessary in order to come up on top.
An odd source of inspiration and influence, Pokémon has taught me basic moral values that I continue to live by. Music is my passion, much like Pokémon are Ash Ketchum’s passion. I long for nothing more than to teach younger children about music, which has pulled me through so many hardships. My friends and family have always been behind me, encouraging me to practice and achieve all I can be. Although Pokémon is a children’s game, it taught me that “I want to be the very best.”

That was amazing.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. Kraid: (steps on you)
#9willingmessPosted 2/12/2013 6:09:52 PM
it does not matter what subject you write about (avoid politically charged ones though) you can get a six on it if it is excellently written. I wrote a good essay upon the evils of folding chairs that scored really high...
---
Warning! this post may cause severe laughter. viewer discretion is advised...... read it, it's funny!
#10M4nnimalPosted 2/12/2013 6:12:31 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
I wrote a better essay than that when I was in 5th grade. Sure hope college hasn't dropped to this level of easy acceptance.

Not to be a jerk, but...this.
---
"We thirsted for thunderbolts and great deeds."