This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If the new type is Fairy...

#1SocranPosted 2/13/2013 12:31:06 AM
...could it be that Xerneas is a Fairy-type as well?

First off, I theorized Fairy type earlier because the characters that spell out "Ninfia" can be read as "Nymphia", which is the only word that I can think of which fits the naming theme. (Several people have used the same name to theorize Bug type, which sort of makes sense, but yeah.) It would also fit in with the idea that all Eeveelutions are immediately recognizable as their type - the effeminate appearance, the rainbow color scheme, and even the butterfly motif (fairy wings). This type could also be applied to many previously Normal-type Pokemon such as Clefairy and Jigglypuff.

Anywho, back to the subject of Xerneas: We really don't have any ideas of what its type could be. Psychic, maybe, but there's a billion Psychic legendaries. Could be Steel, because of its similarities to Cobalion, Dialga, and Lucario, but... Why exactly does blue = Steel, again? The one thing that we can tell about it is that it seems to be some sort of nature spirit, as many people have pointed out the similarities to the Forest God (or whatever it was called) from Princess Mononoke. A nature spirit/forest god would be a fitting example of a powerful Fairy-type. (Plus, again with the rainbows.)

It would also make it a fitting opposite for Yveltal, who looks like he may be a Dark type. Especially if my other theory is correct, that Xerneas and Yveltal represent creation and destruction. For that matter, it could be that "Dark type opposite" that people have constantly been asking for (usually in the form of "Light type").

So... Yeah. If it turns out to be Fairy type, I call dibs on being called a prophet. And I totally called it before Suiku (I did a search on "Fairy" just in case), who made his topic about six hours after I made the same prediction on the "omfg new scans" topic.

(Mind you, I still don't think the chances of this are >50%, just that it's large enough to be worth thinking about.)
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#2SuikuPosted 2/13/2013 12:33:08 AM
tl; dr
---
>> Poke-Lover <<
#3Catcher_FreemanPosted 2/13/2013 12:33:08 AM
If there was a Fairy-type, would Snubbull and Granbull become Fairy-type, since the Pokedex classifies them as the Fairy Pokemon, and they're in the Fairy egg group?
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#4Socran(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:35:37 AM
Suiku posted...
tl; dr

So, is that an actual tl;dr or just a snarky response to me calling you out in the topic?
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#5dwdwdw6Posted 2/13/2013 12:39:30 AM
Lol @Fairy type.
#6HondaHirotoPosted 2/13/2013 12:42:49 AM
If there were a "Fairy" type, I could just as well see it being served by a "Light" type, which would probably be more encompassing.
---
"She told people that the girl with muscular dystrophy was a drunk."
#7darkdragongirlPosted 2/13/2013 12:43:50 AM
DEDEDEDEDEDEDEDE WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRP
---
Chespin 2013
Chespin me right round like a record
#8jayman7Posted 2/13/2013 1:32:02 AM
"The" new type?

That would require there to be a new type confirmed, which there hasn't been.

Maybe it'll happen, but it's nowhere near certain enough to say "the" new type.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#9Socran(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 6:07:53 PM
jayman7 posted...
"The" new type?

That would require there to be a new type confirmed, which there hasn't been.

Maybe it'll happen, but it's nowhere near certain enough to say "the" new type.

Grammatically speaking, it's not entirely incorrect. It can be spoken as such, with the adjective "theoretical" merely being implied.

So anyway, now that we know its other names, a fairy theme is pretty much confirmed, if not necessarily a Fairy type. Its French name is Nymphali, and the German name Feelinara comes from the German "fee" meaning "fairy". Sylveon, however, comes from the word "sylvan", meaning forest-related. Granted, this word is primarily used to describe fairies nowadays, but I think it reinforces the theory that Xerneas might be a Fairy type.
---
#10MDS2005Posted 2/14/2013 6:10:06 PM
Suiku posted...
tl; dr

dwdwdw6 posted...
Lol @Fairy type.

These.
---
When I see human babies, I want to ragequit life.
You lack in the common English is an outrage.