This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The only problems with the introduction of a light type...

#21Fierce_Deity777Posted 2/13/2013 7:55:16 AM
Lexifox posted...
Yes, but it's not so much "evil" as it is sneakiness and trickiness. Hence all the attacks being about being sneaky and such.

I feel like Ghost fits this role more. It and Dark probably encompass that concept. Light's concept is probably just spread out over multiple types as well.
---
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Boards.
#22SeThelloSomaPosted 2/13/2013 7:57:53 AM
Runeboggle
Posted 2/13/2013 8:18:16 AM
message detail
quote From: SeThelloSoma | #007

Light is energy and has no mass. What could something that has no mass be super effective against?

Everything that isn't energy-proof.

Think of it like this: a photon that has a wavelength equal to the Planck length has as much energy as ~22 tons of TNT.
Imagine that hitting you.

You would need a way to catalyze that energy. Unless youre proposing a nuclear type which I would be ok with, light still doesnt make sense.
#23LexifoxPosted 2/13/2013 7:58:01 AM
Fierce_Deity777 posted...
Lexifox posted...
Yes, but it's not so much "evil" as it is sneakiness and trickiness. Hence all the attacks being about being sneaky and such.

I feel like Ghost fits this role more. It and Dark probably encompass that concept. Light's concept is probably just spread out over multiple types as well.

As I said before...

Steel has Luster/Flash Cannon, Ghost has Confuse Ray (Japanese name refers to it as light, as does its description, Normal has Morning Sun (aka Morning Sunlight) and Flash, and Psychic has Luster Purge, Light Screen, and Reflect (the last two being walls of light).
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#24HejiruPosted 2/13/2013 8:39:15 AM
I think Flash Cannon is just light being reflected off a shiny steel surface. Not sure what to say for Doom Desire, though. That's a Steel-type move described as a burst of light.

Solarbeam should just stay Grass.

A lot of Psychic moves could be described as Light, I guess.

This is one of the reasons why I don't' want a Light-type. It's not new, it just overlaps into a bunch of already existing types. If you want the literal "bright/illumination" side of Light, we have Electric and sometimes Steel. If you want the "mystical powers" side of it, we have Psychic. If you want the "goodness/holy" side of it, we have Fighting.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#25meiyukiPosted 2/13/2013 9:11:49 AM
Hejiru posted...

This is one of the reasons why I don't' want a Light-type. It's not new, it just overlaps into a bunch of already existing types. If you want the literal "bright/illumination" side of Light, we have Electric and sometimes Steel. If you want the "mystical powers" side of it, we have Psychic. If you want the "goodness/holy" side of it, we have Fighting.

If you go more for the typical jrpg holy spells it doesn't really fit fighting type. So if you went the route of holy/life/renewal you'd have something fairly different, give it a bunch of healing and defensive abilities and stuff. I guess we'll see what happens in a few months.
#26HejiruPosted 2/13/2013 11:16:27 AM
meiyuki posted...
Hejiru posted...

If you go more for the typical jrpg holy spells it doesn't really fit fighting type. So if you went the route of holy/life/renewal you'd have something fairly different, give it a bunch of healing and defensive abilities and stuff. I guess we'll see what happens in a few months.

Standard RPG "Holy" is probably a mixture between Psychic and Fighting. Psychic has the "mysterious/healing/supernatural" feel to it, and Fighting has the "good vs evil" thing going for it.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#27WindyligthPosted 2/13/2013 11:30:21 AM
SeThelloSoma posted...
Gamefreak is smarter than to put a dumb Light Type.

Light is energy and has no mass. What could something that has no mass be super effective against?

But e=mc^2 bro.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.