This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So i just showed all Eeveelution up to Ninfia to my 8-year old sister

#1Ku-Ri-BohPosted 2/13/2013 8:02:02 AM
She said Umbreon looks the least like being a member of the eeveelutions
Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon have something in them that somehow make them the least attractive (i was seriously arguing with her that at least Jolteon is very well-designed)
I was surprised to hear her think that Leafeon and Ninfia look like they were introduced together, while Espeon is on the same level as Glaceon

Yeah, she has a arguably neutral eyes to judge the designs and she thinks that Ninfia does belong in the group.
Tbh i have been a lover of all the new designs but something about the starters and Ninfia doesn't click with me. Though i have to say that all of them have grown in me

Tl:dr If you remove your nostalgia goggles, Ninfia SHOULDN'T be overdesigned, badly designed, simplistic, or "They ran out of ideas"
#2Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 9:24:20 AM
Bump
#3MugilokoPosted 2/13/2013 9:25:19 AM
Show it to your genwunner friend.
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#4Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 9:30:30 AM
Mugiloko posted...
Show it to your genwunner friend.

I did. I got linked to gfaq for answers
#5IrisVilePosted 2/13/2013 9:35:16 AM
Your sister has good taste! Ninfia isn't over designed, boys just shouldn't get to always dictate what is cute and what isn't. Nyah~ *Cuddles Ninfia*
---
One Girl + One Eevee = A Solo Run To RuleThem All http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960099-pokemon-heartgold-version/60725080
#6Katharina27Posted 2/13/2013 9:44:11 AM
At first, I wasn't sure I liked her design because she is so disgustingly cute. Now, I train nothing but Eeveelutions because its so darn humiliating for people when they loose a match to Eevee's. I even go so far as to use Dragonite as an HM slave to spite them and their power hungry ways. I got to thinking, how embarrassing would it be to loose to Ninfia? *Grins evilly* I will be using this Pokemon, yess. Mmhmhmhm!
---
I am guilty of being an insufferable smart ass!
Too many people I know would be perfectly content to burn me for a witch.
#7LioleiaPosted 2/13/2013 9:49:15 AM
Umbreon has always been the metaphorical black sheep of the family. It doesn't even have white pupils like the rest. For Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon, it's probably the ruff (frill in Vaporeon's case) that makes them look off. The rest look a bit more elegant and streamlined without it; although, I sort of dislike how the rest don't have a ruff of fur. It would make them look more like Eevee.

IrisVile posted...
Your sister has good taste! Ninfia isn't over designed, boys just shouldn't get to always dictate what is cute and what isn't. Nyah~ *Cuddles Ninfia*

What? Gender has nothing to do with this. I'm a woman and find Ninfia's design a little too busy for my tastes as well. Keep the bow on the ear, get rid of the bowtie on the neck, darken the eyes a little and make them more almond-shaped, make the ears more pointy, and either remove the ribbons or move them around. Then we'll be getting somewhere.
---
lee-oh-leh-ee-ah.
The most pedantic nitpicker to ever nitpick.
#8Katharina27Posted 2/13/2013 9:53:04 AM
Lioleia posted...
Umbreon has always been the metaphorical black sheep of the family. It doesn't even have white pupils like the rest. For Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon, it's probably the ruff (frill in Vaporeon's case) that makes them look off. The rest look a bit more elegant and streamlined without it; although, I sort of dislike how the rest don't have a ruff of fur. It would make them look more like Eevee.

IrisVile posted...

What? Gender has nothing to do with this. I'm a woman and find Ninfia's design a little too busy for my tastes as well. Keep the bow on the ear, get rid of the bowtie on the neck, darken the eyes a little and make them more almond-shaped, make the ears more pointy, and either remove the ribbons or move them around. Then we'll be getting somewhere.

Says the most pedantic nitpicker to ever nitpic. Personally, I also think it has too many bows but it will humiliate people so I can accept that.
---
I am guilty of being an insufferable smart ass!
Too many people I know would be perfectly content to burn me for a witch.
#9LioleiaPosted 2/13/2013 9:57:32 AM
My pedantry is more referring to a tendency to pick apart minute details in text. Not so much with art. For instance, you spelled nitpick wrong.

If you're aiming to humiliate people, sure that...sort of works. I just think its design just has too much going on and it doesn't resemble the other Eeveelutions as much as I think it should.
---
lee-oh-leh-ee-ah.
The most pedantic nitpicker to ever nitpick.
#10IrisVilePosted 2/13/2013 10:00:14 AM
Lioleia posted...

IrisVile posted...

To each their own~ but a solid 9/10 times most of the male users don't have a decent concept of cute, granted that is a relative statment: but still your idea doesn't seem bad, but I for one like slightly over the top cute pokemon like shiny Lopunny. :D
---
One Girl + One Eevee = A Solo Run To RuleThem All http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960099-pokemon-heartgold-version/60725080