This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So i just showed all Eeveelution up to Ninfia to my 8-year old sister

#21Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 2/13/2013 9:54:25 PM
NInfia is overdesigned?
---
-User Name Origin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO_5esMq2kE#t=56s
"Japanese Wii U. American Wii U. The future is yours, Xenoblade U."
#22Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:01:04 PM(edited)
Oh, if anything, i remembered her saying that Vaporeon looks the most busy of them all. From its different colours, most different body structure up to the tail and the whole thing around its neck.

About Ninfia's contest accessories made of its natural fur (which seriously bugged me at first), she can confidently say that they look absolutely FINE, considering we have worse things to be attached naturally to a Pokemon ever since gen1. Of course, she doesn't know what are and which belongs to what generations, so she basically sees everything in overall.
#23Infernus93Posted 2/13/2013 10:09:48 PM
Ninfia would be better off if it only had one bow and one set of ribbons. Either one would be fine. As it is, it's just a little too busy.

Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon are all well designed. They clearly represent their elements*. Furthermore, they set the precedent for what Eevee evolutions should look like. This is a point where being the original group does count for something.

Finally, your sister's opinion is biased. She's female, and she's 8. She's going to have tendencies that reflect that. Does that mean her opinion is invalid? No. It just means it's an opinion. If you were trying to make a definitive statement on whether or not Ninfia looks like it belongs from the perspective of those new to the series (alternatively, that it's long time fans' preconceived notions of what one should look like that makes them think it doesn't), you'd need a larger and more varied sample set.

* People might grow to accept Ninfia more when we find out what type it is, and how it fits into that group.

tl;dr One opinion does not conclusive evidence make.
---
I like Monster Rancher.
#24Alakazam_fanPosted 2/13/2013 10:45:50 PM
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
i was seriously arguing with her that at least Jolteon is very well-designed

I think it's sad that I can actually see you yelling at your 8 year old cousin telling you that you're right and she's wrong, giving specific points to back up your opinion.
---
He asked if it was possible for a male human to have a sex with a female horse. He even drew a diagram; I think a stepladder was involved.
#25Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:53:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#26Immortal_Chaos7Posted 2/13/2013 11:10:09 PM(edited)
I don't think Ninfia's design is THAT busy when compaired to the likes of other, more recent pokemon but if Eevee's gimmick is evolving to adapt to its surroundings, how does growing bows and ribbons give it any advantage in a natural environment?
---
Pokemon Diamond-Name:Jack / FC:0043-9308-0032
#27Dr Edward RoivasPosted 2/13/2013 11:07:53 PM
I guess Ninfia is the Pokemon equivalent of Toddlers & Tiaras.
---
Tie it on, in your mind. It's your Noctourniquet.
#28ShinxO_OPosted 2/13/2013 11:24:09 PM
Immortal_Chaos7 posted...
I don't think Ninfia's design is THAT busy when compaired to the likes of other, more recent pokemon but if Eevee's gimmick is evolving to adapt to its surroundings, how does growing bows and ribbons give it any advantage in a natural environment?

Maybe it participates in Super Contests to the death?
---
There are no such thing as Beiber fans. Only Beiber victims.
#29wind64aPosted 2/13/2013 11:30:55 PM
I think Ninfia's kind of cute, but it also creeps me out like crazy. If it's a Ghost-type then I will be perfectly fine with it.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142