This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

They should make defend available in battle.

#1AmphetaPosted 2/13/2013 10:09:01 AM
I hate it when they use fly or dig and have to waste my PP. I also hate it when they are burned or poisoned and they about to faint when I am force to waste my precious PP.

Defend should be there like other RPGs I play. Except I don't see why to use it except in Pokemon.

This is not a move or an attack it is seperate.

It will be on the menu where you select fight, Items, run, and pokemon.
#2LexifoxPosted 2/13/2013 10:10:39 AM
When that happens you just switch to a Pokemon that'll resist the attack or use an item.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3wufei8706Posted 2/13/2013 10:12:11 AM
Been waiting for my "Aim for the Horn" option forever.
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/4sl82r.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Uu5mm.png
#4CWtennisPosted 2/13/2013 10:14:31 AM
Why would it differ ANY from Protect? I really don't understand this idea
---
3053 5388 2361 - Pokemon White 2 FC < Default
5372 0620 2714 - Pokemon White FC
#5pokemonfreak97Posted 2/13/2013 10:14:45 AM
When they dig, switch to whatever unevolved generic bird you have for Fly. When they Fly, switch to something Rock, Electric, or Steel-type.
---
Which is more mature: playing a game where you can shoot people or seeing those games and deciding not to play them?
Yes, I formerly had a Pokemon Gen VI sig.
#6ShirokaidoPosted 2/13/2013 10:17:30 AM
wufei8706 posted...
Been waiting for my "Aim for the Horn" option forever.

You get snaps and a smile for that. I just watched that episode yesterday and was thinking about that. What if they somehow added that in as an effect of Lightningrod? Like, they're guaranteed damage instead? Or maybe a completely separate ability?
#7SlimeStackPosted 2/13/2013 10:29:11 AM(edited)
Switching, defence buffs, Protect/Detect, etc. You have plenty of ways to avoid taking damage.

And how would you use defend if they're digging or flying? You wouldn't know they were going to do it until after you chose your attack. O.o Edit: I guess you mean if they're going to attack you after your attack on the second turn... but still, there are things to be doing other than regular attacking.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.