This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Took a look at Flying-type Pokemon

#1ShirokaidoPosted 2/13/2013 11:14:01 AM
Of all the Flying-type Pokemon, Rotom and Gyarados are the only ones that are flying-type without some type of wings or sky-related implementation (eg, clouds or perpetual floaty-ness). Ignoring rumors of a possible light type (seriously, for or against, that's not the argument here), I just don't see how Ninfa can be labeled with 'Normal/Flying'. Maybe just Normal? Sure. Not cool, but sure. I just can't see where it qualifies as Flying.
Fabulous? Yes. Flying? No.
#2DarkKirby2500Posted 2/13/2013 11:27:06 AM
http://tinyurl.com/cjurjuz
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#3KitschgardenerPosted 2/13/2013 11:40:57 AM
I just can't see where it qualifies as Flying.

You just provided two counterexamples to the "it doesn't look like a Flying-type" argument. That's enough to keep Flying in the running. For all we know it turns into a rocket like Golurk - the art is difficult to go by. Being the lightest and least dense Eeveelution has to count for something too.

Oh yeah, and the kite theory too.
#4Shirokaido(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 11:54:40 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
I just can't see where it qualifies as Flying.

You just provided two counterexamples to the "it doesn't look like a Flying-type" argument. That's enough to keep Flying in the running. For all we know it turns into a rocket like Golurk - the art is difficult to go by. Being the lightest and least dense Eeveelution has to count for something too.

Oh yeah, and the kite theory too.

Kite? As in those ribbons on it are supposed to be ribbons on a kite? I'm not seeing it... Also, the Golurk example doesn't mean much since it isn't Flying type. There are other pokes with flying-like qualities, such as Garchomp's twin turbo-engine head, or any number of dragons with wings, for that matter. I suppose if I had to modify my statement, it'd be that I don't understand the overwhelming opinion that it'll be flying. Yeah, I've wanted a flying -eon since Gen 1, but I don't think this is it. I saw a post somewhere about 'Zeyphereon' or something like it, and I imagined... well, not this. Something that looks like it can control gale-force winds, not glitter.
#5naruto6795Posted 2/13/2013 12:08:39 PM
have you forgoten that doduo as well as dodrio don't have wings?
#6DarkFistsPosted 2/13/2013 12:16:32 PM
naruto6795 posted...

This...and isn't Shaymin a flying type in one of its formes? I'm pretty sure that it has a cape, not wings...
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#7Shirokaido(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:21:35 PM
DarkFists posted...
naruto6795 posted...

This...and isn't Shaymin a flying type in one of its formes? I'm pretty sure that it has a cape, not wings...

And yet, Doduo and Dodrio are birds. Ostrich- or emu-like birds. Dunno how else you'd type em. Also, "sky-forme" Shaymin... Wings for ears/antlers... I'd say that qualifies as a sky-related quality
#8DarkFistsPosted 2/13/2013 12:22:42 PM
Shirokaido posted...
DarkFists posted...
naruto6795 posted...

And yet, Doduo and Dodrio are birds. Ostrich- or emu-like birds. Dunno how else you'd type em. Also, "sky-forme" Shaymin... Wings for ears/antlers... I'd say that qualifies as a sky-related quality

Hmm, yeah, but flying type still wouldn't make sense, since they can't fly...technically :P

As for Shaymin, I'll get back to you on that >.> I never really looked at it close enough.
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#9Twilight_SonataPosted 2/13/2013 12:23:14 PM
Shirokaido posted...
And yet, Doduo and Dodrio are birds. Ostrich- or emu-like birds. Dunno how else you'd type em.

Yup, just like Piplup and Torchic, which as we all know are also Flying types.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#10Shirokaido(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:28:58 PM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Shirokaido posted...
And yet, Doduo and Dodrio are birds. Ostrich- or emu-like birds. Dunno how else you'd type em.

Yup, just like Piplup and Torchic, which as we all know are also Flying types.

I almost agree with you, but they have other types to em. Not to mention their final evolutions. That'd be a pain to have a fire-flying poke to only have it become fire-fighting. Though, if I'm honest, I've never really thought of Doduo and Dodrio as plausible flying pokes in the first place. Didn't see how they made the cut. Also, er... Dodrio can learn Fly.

Yep.