This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So they're just done with -eon at the end of Eeveelutions, huh?

#1Faust_8Posted 2/14/2013 1:24:32 AM
Jolteon
Flareon
Vaporeon
Espeon
Umbreon
Glaceon
Leafeon
Ninfia? :/

Not to mention it looks nothing like them either...looking at all the past Eeveelutions, they all have the same body shape and the same eye shape. All that changes is the color of their bodies, the color of their eyes, their tails, and a few extra bits. The template, if it can be called that, remains intact.

Then Ninfia comes along and is like LOLNOPE.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#2Jrx1Posted 2/14/2013 1:29:34 AM
Ninfia is Japanese name.

>________>
---
Official Mewtwo of the Pokemon X and Y boards
~The Strongest Pokemon!~
#3XWolfOPosted 2/14/2013 1:30:14 AM
This again?
This again.

It's the JAPANESE NAME not the ENGLISH NAME!
---
It's-a me!
#4Jrx1Posted 2/14/2013 1:33:00 AM(edited)
XWolfO posted...
This again?
This again.

It's the JAPANESE NAME not the ENGLISH NAME!

It's like some people think Pokemon (or any other Anime) is made in the US >___>

And yes, i'm butthurt. Deal with it.
---
~The Strongest Pokemon!~
#5Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:33:24 AM
Oh. Sorry this board has been debating so much about it I didn't pay much attention.

Even so though, I'm still finding it hard to believe it even is an evolution of Eevee since it such a vast departure from the Eeveelution template.

It looks more like a 4-legged fusion of Victini and Audino, it doesn't have the same body structure and eyes as any of the past Eeveelutions. It didn't even cross my mind that that's what it was until I heard about it.

Really wondering what the heck GameFreak is doing. :/
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#6Catcher_FreemanPosted 2/14/2013 1:34:41 AM(edited)
The Japanese names don't have Eon at the end.

Jolteon - Thunders
Flareon - Booster
Vaporeon - Showers
Espeon - Eifie
Umbreon - Blacky
Glaceon - Glacia
Leafeon - Leafia

And it certainly does look like an Eeveelution.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#7LexifoxPosted 2/14/2013 1:36:37 AM
Faust_8 posted...
Oh. Sorry this board has been debating so much about it I didn't pay much attention.

Even so though, I'm still finding it hard to believe it even is an evolution of Eevee since it such a vast departure from the Eeveelution template.

It looks more like a 4-legged fusion of Victini and Audino, it doesn't have the same body structure and eyes as any of the past Eeveelutions. It didn't even cross my mind that that's what it was until I heard about it.

Really wondering what the heck GameFreak is doing. :/

It doesn't look anything like the past Eeveelutions except for the general canid shape, large shiny eyes, large and slightly pointed ears, appearance primarily of two or three colours...
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#8Jrx1Posted 2/14/2013 1:37:03 AM
It's normal, you will get used to it. That's what people always say when new Pokemon are revealed. In the end, it will just be another one.

Gen VI certaintly will bring many surprises upon us.
---
~The Strongest Pokemon!~
#9fuzi11Posted 2/14/2013 3:35:30 AM
Faust_8 posted...

it doesn't have the same body structure and eyes as any of the past Eeveelutions. . :/

The eyes are identical. Look at all the eyes of every eeveelution and you can see that all have the exact same eyes just in different color schemes. And the body shape is pretty much the same.

I just don't like the ribbons. but in the right pose, it is clearly an eeveelution