This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Light Type: yay or nay?

#1fuzi11Posted 2/14/2013 3:09:07 AM
Light Type: yay or nay? - Results (92 votes)
Yay!
33.7% (31 votes)
Nay!
43.48% (40 votes)
New type! Yes! But not Light!
13.04% (12 votes)
wha? don't care...
9.78% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So. After all the hate and praise going on here. Now I want to know who is the majority and who is the minority.

Who likes the idea of the new type 'Light'/'Holy' and want to see how Pokemon Inc is going to handle it

and

Who despises the idea of an established formula to be changed and to retcon old Pokemon?
#2ElectricNovaPosted 2/14/2013 3:10:02 AM
Nay. I'm not averse to a new type, but only if it's one that really makes sense and seems to fit.

So not light,
---
Official Rayquaza of the Pokemon X and Y boards
I like a lot of things. Like Pokemon. And Sonic. And Kirby. And Smash bros. And Coca cola.
#3LexifoxPosted 2/14/2013 3:12:59 AM
I don't think that we really need any new types, though I am open to the idea. I just think that Light is kind of cliche.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#4TheGaijinPosted 2/14/2013 3:20:19 AM
wanted to answer "Why another thread/poll about this crappy idea?" but could not find it.
please add
---
Final Fantasy XIV - Larek Darkholme @ Masamune
#5fuzi11(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 3:25:13 AM
TheGaijin posted...
wanted to answer "Why another thread/poll about this crappy idea?" but could not find it.
please add

well all the polls are about ninfia's possible type, and here I want to have a general view on the opinion of that specific type.

And you didn't find a specific poll for that, that should tell you, that this here is a bit different from all the previous polls.
#6DBF__Posted 2/14/2013 4:27:56 AM
If there's gonna be a new type it needs to be something super effective against water and electric, weak to grass and poison and NVE against ice and poison.
---
http://cdn.ientry.com/sites/webpronews/pictures/bestgrandpamikee1_320x245.jpg
#7SephirothtPosted 2/14/2013 4:32:47 AM
I don't see the need of an entirely new type, especially not with the suggestions brought up here.
I'm not against a new type, but it should definitly be something else than a "Light-type".
---
Official Jungo & Black Rider of the SMTIV board.
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere, R - Burning Executive
#8DoctorJimmy133Posted 2/14/2013 5:10:24 AM
fuzi11 posted...
So. After all the hate and praise going on here. Now I want to know who is the majority and who is the minority.

Who likes the idea of the new type 'Light'/'Holy' and want to see how Pokemon Inc is going to handle it

and

Who despises the idea of an established formula to be changed and to retcon old Pokemon?

Holy type? Aw hell no. This benevolent Light Pokémon is holier than thine inferior sinner Pokémon. The Light type, if introduced this way, could ruin the franchise. I don't like the moral implications of a species being inherently good while others in the same world are not.

As to actual luminescence, it could work, but we don't require any more types, really. I'd be fine with the introduction of one. If they pull it off right.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#9RX02BansheePosted 2/14/2013 5:13:26 AM
Voted for Newtype, but not light.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Currently Playing: Pokemon Black 2, Xenoblade Chronicles
#10MugilokoPosted 2/14/2013 5:17:30 AM
I want my FPS and RNG types.
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board