This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sylveon is Fairy-Type

#11SlimeStackPosted 2/14/2013 8:11:41 AM
Runeboggle posted...
Fully aware of that. The most fairy-like ones are normal (Pikachu doesn't really seem fairy-like at all for instance).

You and I have very different definitions of Fairy, apparently.

Togetic or Chansey seem far more magical than Pikachu to me. But I see what you mean, Pikachu is just as much an imaginary magical creature as they are.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#12SilverSockPosted 2/14/2013 8:37:20 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Runeboggle posted...
Fairy = Normal. Chansey, Clefairy, Snubble Togetic, etc are all fairies or fairy-like, and they're all normal types.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/egg/fairy.shtml

It's funny how people only remember the Normal-types in the Fairy Egg-group.

Fully aware of that. The most fairy-like ones are normal (Pikachu doesn't really seem fairy-like at all for instance). And the fact that the fairy egg group consists of several types only proves that there doesn't need to be a fairy type to have fairy Pokémon.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with that last part; if all fairy egg group Pokemon were normal type, it would imply whatever might be "fairy type" about them was already covered by normal. The fact that there are multiple Pokemon of multiple types in the Fairy egg group implies some kind of common trait that is not yet covered by a type, which I think actually supports a new type.

Of course by the same logic maybe there ought to be a Monster type or a Field type (obviously not), so I guess I can see where you're coming from.

Nevertheless, I really doubt there will be a new type, but I just don't think that's a reason to discount it entirely.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson