This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Magic-Type Confirmed

#31Yami_KagePosted 2/14/2013 6:47:57 PM
\well someone mentioned air elemental...and if I remember correctly there was initially suppose to be an air type but it didn't get fully implemented, mostly due to flying. The most convincing argument I've read as to why a new type couldn't be introduced is there would be a huge imbalance in the number of pokemon of that type. Either not enough overall or too many new ones of that type. However if you introduce an air type boom the flying/normals become flying/air so no imbalance.

Thoughts people?
---
Wielder of the blades of dark sanity, dark chaos, and dark sanction
#32bobstevens23123Posted 2/14/2013 6:50:26 PM
actually a good argument. But new this will never happen
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100
#33TheGaijinPosted 2/14/2013 6:53:28 PM
I predict absolutely no new type

there is 600+ pokemon already
if they want a well-balanced type, maybe half of the new pokemon would be of that type
do you want 50+ fairies?

just stop with this new type
no light, no fairy, no magic
---
Final Fantasy XIV - Larek Darkholme @ Masamune
#34D_one_DanPosted 2/14/2013 6:56:13 PM
I could see it and accept it, but I am still going to say flying for now. Good theory however! <3 *eats a Luvdisc*

*eats Alomomola*
---
Official Dewott of the Pokemon White 2,Y,X and of the Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity Boards
#35P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 2/14/2013 7:17:46 PM
Ok, so I hate the idea of any new type.

But I like this. You could be on to something here, and I think I'd like a Magic type.
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards
#36jamieyelloPosted 2/14/2013 7:42:52 PM(edited)
I doubt it. Moms of America would get all mad about witchcraft in pokemon again, like they did for Alakazam, I think his head was shaped like an evil triangle or something? idk. triangles are pretty vicious. If anything I think they'll add a new mechanic to the game instead, we do already have ghost/dark/psychic practically magic.

What's weird is that they're not showing any moves it uses except ones that eevee already knows.

EDIT I love how Alakazam gets all the attention when Satan is literally a couple #s down as giratina
---
my sig was getting old.
#37PlasdurockPosted 2/14/2013 7:43:09 PM(edited)
I originally thought normal type, but now That' I've seen it's french name, and look at the pokemon's model more closely. I'm thinkingit might be a bug type

It's eyes are prettty glassy looking, I know somebody else has said that before too. and a Nymph is a life stage of some insects.

Also the english name is Sylveon right? Look at things associated with bugs in pokemon.

Silver Wind, Silver Powder, A bug move, and a bug move enhancer.

Silver wing doesn't count, it's lugia's feather.

I HIGHLY doubt there's a new type called magic. IIRC moves name with magic in them are usually psychic type moves. Magic in pokemon seems to already be associated with psychic power or pokemon who have super natural powers.

Magical leaf never misses.

---
Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't. -Mark Twain
#38Hero_Of_Rhyme(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 7:53:25 PM
Plasdurock posted...
I originally thought normal type, but now That' I've seen it's french name, and look at the pokemon's model more closely. I'm thinkingit might be a bug type

It's eyes are prettty glassy looking, I know somebody else has said that before too. and a Nymph is a life stage of some insects.

Also the english name is Sylveon right? Look at things associated with bugs in pokemon.

Silver Wind, Silver Powder, A bug move, and a bug move enhancer.

Silver wing doesn't count, it's lugia's feather.

I HIGHLY doubt there's a new type called magic. IIRC moves name with magic in them are usually psychic type moves. Magic in pokemon seems to already be associated with psychic power or pokemon who have super natural powers.

Magical leaf never misses.

It wouldn't be too hard to retcon the few moves that have"magic" in their names. And I think Magic could bring something new to the table.
---
Through early morning fog I see visions of the things to be
#39PlasdurockPosted 2/14/2013 8:14:55 PM
retcon new types, rebalance the entire pokemon roster and type lists...
---
Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't. -Mark Twain
#40MeatballsoupPosted 2/14/2013 8:15:20 PM
Google Sylph and you get pictures of clouds.

Flying type confirmed.
---
Sylveon is flying type. Here's why: http://bit.ly/12mV4YX