This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Charizard's type should change and replace flying

#31WilhuffTarkinPosted 2/15/2013 8:58:08 PM
DrunkenWhale posted...

Agreed.

Overall, I don't understand what all this "Charizard should instead be part Dragon" talk is about beyond SR resistance and "he looks like a dragon he should be one", unless you're going to up the ante and make Venusaur and Blastoise part Dragon as well...

But still, they're meant to be weak to each other, just because Charizard is the most popular starter ever doesn't mean it should just get the Dragon type added to the thing. By that respect, Pikachu being the series mascot should also gain a Dragon type...

Not really. People care about Charizard getting a Dragon typing because Charizard was their starter of choice. Pikachu, series mascot or not, doesn't necessarily have the same connection to those people because Yellow may not have been their first game.

It's all ridiculous, though. Charizard has the most insecure fanbase of any Pokemon. "Grrrr! He looks like a dragon! He SHOULD be a dragon! The starter triangle shouldn't APPLY to him because he's CHARIZARD and I LIKE him! Waaaaahhhhhhhh!"
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#32LexifoxPosted 2/15/2013 9:00:48 PM
I picked Bulbasaur when I played Red.

I didn't need to compensate.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#33Brandon042487Posted 2/15/2013 9:03:54 PM
GATTJT posted...
It should be Dragon. Water weakness disappears, and it only gains a Dragon weakness. It's already neutral to Ice, and changing it to Dragon would make Stealth Rock hurt a bit less. It would also gain resistance to Electric, and a quad resistance to Grass.

Gains Ground weakness.
---
B**** don't make me HM01 you!
#34Trailblazer34Posted 2/15/2013 9:38:57 PM
Frosted_Chortle posted...
ThatKipp posted...
Still sucks.