This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would these be good moves?

#1bananaman132Posted 2/15/2013 9:34:48 PM
Feel free to contribute your own.

Grape Shot: Metal, Shoots two to five times at the enemy, may lower Def. Power: 20, Acc: 100.

Lava Pillar: Fire, User summons giant pillar of fire around the enemy, will cause a serious burn. Power: 80, Acc: 100. (Note: Serious burn hurts enemy 1.5x more than usual burn.)

Hive Mind: Bug, User tries to take over the enemy's mind, causes confusion. Power: 55, Acc: 90

Flash Freeze: Ice, User brings in a sudden cold front to attack the enemy. Power: 75, Acc: 100

Lights Out: Dark, User absorbs all light in the area to attack foe easily and lower opponents accuracy greatly. Power: 90, Acc: 100

What do you think?
---
Official Simisage of Pokemon X/Y boards
#2HHDeceptionPosted 2/15/2013 10:16:44 PM
Are they physical or special?

If the steel one could lower defense every hit of the multi-hit move, it's way too cheap.

We don't need a new type of burn, and 80/100 is useless with flamethrower around.

The bug move is fine but would probably go ignored.

The ice one also seems pointless...we have ice beam.

The dark one (if physical) would be much appreciated.
---
Sound good?
#3DoctorJimmy133Posted 2/15/2013 10:25:40 PM
bananaman132 posted...
Feel free to contribute your own.

Grape Shot: Metal, Shoots two to five times at the enemy, may lower Def. Power: 20, Acc: 100.

Grape? …Well, it would be a decent move to use depending on how likely it is to lower defense. Moves that hit 2-5 times bother me, though.

Lava Pillar: Fire, User summons giant pillar of fire around the enemy, will cause a serious burn. Power: 80, Acc: 100. (Note: Serious burn hurts enemy 1.5x more than usual burn.)

Broken, broken, broken. Consider that Will-O-Wisp is considered a good move and then compare it to this…

Hive Mind: Bug, User tries to take over the enemy's mind, causes confusion. Power: 55, Acc: 90

If this got significant distribution I could easily see it ruining the whole game.

Flash Freeze: Ice, User brings in a sudden cold front to attack the enemy. Power: 75, Acc: 100

No other effects? This would be outclassed by other Ice-type moves.

Lights Out: Dark, User absorbs all light in the area to attack foe easily and lower opponents accuracy greatly. Power: 90, Acc: 100

Broken.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#4nro87Posted 2/15/2013 10:55:47 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Grape?....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grapeshot

Clearly, you don't know much about ballistics.

On topic, these moves all seem over-powered, except for Flash Freeze. Having guaranteed status effects on 3 of them is ridiculous.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#5DoctorJimmy133Posted 2/15/2013 11:09:11 PM
nro87 posted...
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Grape?....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grapeshot

Clearly, you don't know much about ballistics.

Yep, you sure got me.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#6squdgyPosted 2/15/2013 11:09:40 PM
"Lights Out" and "Lava Pillar" are so OP it's ridiculous.

"Hive Mind" is pretty broken, too. Any move that does damage (especially 80 or 90), has high accuracy, and 100% causes a status ailment or drop is pretty broken.
---
http://i.imgur.com/5FB9XOJ.gif